Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2011, 06:48 PM

Any Glen Campbell fans out there?

Well weve just bought his new album "Ghost On The Canvas" and if you like his music then you'll love it. It's his last studio album of new songs he will ever make due to him being diagnosed with Alzheimers six months ago. The album is brilliant. If you liked his old song "Wichita Lineman" then you will LOVE the track "A Thousand Lifetimes." You can listen to part of each track on the album on I Tunes.

We also bought "Meet Glen Campbell" album which came out in 2008 and it's covers of well known songs. Another good album.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2011, 09:45 PM

Re: Any Glen Campbell fans out there?

Thanks Alicat - I do like Glen Campbell's music and it is so sad that he now has alzheimer's - such a cruel disease.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2011, 10:13 PM

I do enjoy Glen Campbell's music. They have played 'Ghost on a Canvas' loads of times on the radio, and it's great. Didn't know he has Alzheimer's-that's very sad. Think I might just have to treat myself to his album. Thanks for that Alicat.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2011, 10:38 PM

I also enjoy listening to Glen Campbell so may drop a hint to OH what with Christmas coming!

How sad that he also has Alzheimer's, life can be so cruel
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2011, 11:36 PM

I loved Glen Campbell back in the 70s, and I've still got about three or four of his LPs.

I'm very sad to hear he now has Alzheimer's. That is indeed a very cruel illness.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2011, 10:12 AM

Oh I love Glen Campbell. The last time though I bought a tape of him (shows how long ago that was) was for my late big brother - he was a big fan of his.

My favourite recording of one of his recordings is Witchita Linesman.

So sad to hear that he has Alzheimers. And, as you rightly say, Mollie, it is a cruel illness. I lost my Mum when she was 64 thru it, and I nursed two elderly friends of mine until they died with it as well.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2011, 02:58 PM

Apparently Glen has been suffering with short term memory loss for some time.

I wonder if you were listening to Radio 2 Merz as that's where hubby had originally been listening to the tracks as they have been playing the album alot on that station and he told me about it.

Yes, it is very sad that he has been diagnosed with alzheimers and as you all say, a very cruel disease, I'm sorry to hear you lost your Mum and friends to it Brandykins.

It's well worth listening to or buying the album.
sunnyantoinette
Colorado Springs, CO
sunnyantoinette is female 

01-03-2012, 06:29 PM

LOVE Glen Campbell and others.
Neil Diamond
The Judds
Johnny Cash
Roy Orbison (showing my age now) lol
ClaireMarie
Ontario, Canada
ClaireMarie is female  ClaireMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2012, 06:54 PM

I too.

I recently heard "Mercy's Eyes" for the 1st time and fell in love all over.
sunnyantoinette
Colorado Springs, CO
sunnyantoinette is female 

01-03-2012, 07:01 PM

Hi there!
I totally agree with that comment.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top