Join for free
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 10:56 AM

Motown Weekend BBC Radio2

Two shows on @ 21.00 tonight and Sunday.

Part 1

Tony Blackburn presents the first of two shows celebrating Motown at the BBC. Featuring unique archive performances from Diana Ross, Gladys Knight and The Pips, and The Four Tops.

Part 2

Rarely heard performances from the BBC Archive including The Jackson Five at the 1972 Royal Variety Performance, Edwin Starr performing War on Pebble Mill, and Michael McDonald with the BBC Concert Orchestra. Plus a recently rediscovered Radio 1 session from Martha Reeves and the Vandellas including Dancing In The Street and the Northern Soul favourite, I've Got To Let You Go. Plus Martin Freeman meets Eddie Holland, part of the legendary Holland-Dozier-Holland songwriting team and Marvin Gaye recalls his successful collaborations with Diana Ross, Kim Weston and Tammi Terrell in his 1976 meeting with Paul Gambaccini.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2019, 11:00 AM

Re: Motown Weekend BBC Radio2

Thank You, Cinderella for posting this thread. My favourite music is Tamla Motown and Northern Soul.
I recorded this programme last night on my SkyQ box and l am listening to it now. I just love it! So many wonderful memories of the great time l had in that era.

Thank You again.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2019, 10:43 PM

Some great music Artangel, more tomorrow from midday.
Motown Top 100 Countdown with Craig Charles - Part 1
Motown Weekend

Craig Charles starts Top 100 Countdown to celebrate Motown's 60th year, with the writers, producers and artists involved talking about Hitsville USA and the classic sounds.

Beautiful songs.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M_07qL_alsI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8SJh4Nf2riw
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2019, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Some great music Artangel, more tomorrow from midday.
Motown Top 100 Countdown with Craig Charles - Part 1
Motown Weekend

Craig Charles starts Top 100 Countdown to celebrate Motown's 60th year, with the writers, producers and artists involved talking about Hitsville USA and the classic sounds.

Beautiful songs.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M_07qL_alsI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8SJh4Nf2riw
Thanks Cinderella, l will set it to record.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2019, 11:55 PM

The next Tamla Motown track coming up on my jukebox (in about 30 minutes) is "Destination Anywhere" by The Marvelettes, from their Sophisticated Soul LP (1968):

Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

26-08-2019, 06:00 PM

Countdown compiled from the most downloaded and streamed so the Top Ten may not be those you would expect.

Top Ten

10. Heard It Through The Grapevine Marvin Gaye
09. Let's Get It On Marvin Gaye
08. All Night Long (All Night) Lionel Richie
07. ABC Jackson 5
06. My Girl The Temptations
05. Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours Stevie Wonder
04. Let Me Love You Ne-Yo
03. Ain't No Mountain High Enough Marvin Gaye
Tammy Terrell
02. I Want You Back Jackson 5
01. Superstition Stevie Wonder

Brilliant week-end on BBC.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top