Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2017, 11:49 AM

Re: Who Takes What?

I take a fish oil blend which includes vitamin D & K and calcium. I started taking it when I was vit D deficient a couple of years ago even though I was taking cod liver oil capsules, spending time outdoors and getting winter sun.

I bought this combination because I when the deficiency was discovered I read that you need a combo pill of D and K to metabolise the D properly. I can't remember the details now, but it seems to be a good supplement. Unfortunately it's discontinued so not sure what to do when I run out.

I sometimes take Vit C / zinc combo supplements if I have a cold, have an injury (such as when I nearly sliced my finger off by touching a new sabatier knife!) or feeling run down. I don't always eat enough fruit and I think vit C is used up faster when you get sick or run down, but it makes me feel perkier.

Some people have trouble absorbing vits from food. I have an allergic reaction to gluten so I have to eat a particular diet, plus then I have to balance the acid reflux. I need an extra supplement because I don't seem to get enough from eating. Plus sometimes you just don't eat right because you're busy or dealing with a crisis. I agree with the poster who said it's good to take something as a backup.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2017, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->

I agree that liver is an excellent super food - high in Vit A and great for Vit K. We should eat it at least once a week
Yeurch! No thanks - this is where the risks outweigh the benefits, risks of throwing up that is
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2017, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Yeurch! No thanks - this is where the risks outweigh the benefits, risks of throwing up that is

I'm the same Annie.
I couldn't eat liver, or any internal organs come to that, if I was starving. Oh . . or beetroot.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2017, 03:05 PM

Hi

I have just partaken of a medicinal beer.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2017, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Originally Posted by Mups ->
I'm the same Annie.
I couldn't eat liver, or any internal organs come to that, if I was starving. Oh . . or beetroot.
When I make liver pate, for some reason I get the same emotional response as creamy chocolate

(I probably sauté my onions a little too much which gives it a rich flavour)

My recipe:

Sautéd onions in duck fat
Salt
Pepper
Garlic
Rosemary (yep!)
Chicken liver

Then added to home-made mayo in the food processor until creamy smooth. Yum!
Amber63
United Kingdom West sussex
Amber63 is female 

30-04-2017, 03:15 PM

I take menopace every day, my Husband says I am much easier to manage now lol I have also recently started taking apple cider vinegar tablets and fenugreek, as I am diabetic type 2, and they both help stabilise my sugars, which I can truly say they have.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2017, 04:09 PM

I only take VD one a day prescribed by my Doctor as it was very low, otherwise again I eat Lambs Liver and lots of Greens and pulses.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2017, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
When I make liver pate, for some reason I get the same emotional response as creamy chocolate

(I probably sauté my onions a little too much which gives it a rich flavour)

My recipe:

Sautéd onions in duck fat
Salt
Pepper
Garlic
Rosemary (yep!)
Chicken liver

Then added to home-made mayo in the food processor until creamy smooth. Yum!

Ooh, thank you - but no thank you Azz.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

30-04-2017, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have just partaken of a medicinal beer.

WHAT ? On the sabbath? Tut tut.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2017, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ooh, thank you - but no thank you Azz.
Hi

A gourmet recipe especially for Mups.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/ch..._pt_with_78899

Chicken Liver pate with beetroot jelly.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top