Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 08:07 PM

Re: Mars: Nasa lands InSight robot to study planet's interior

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Amazing image!
There could be a Martian standing behind that box on the left and we would never know.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 09:45 PM

Quite an achievement. Man on the Moon in 69, and now man on Mars !!

How many astronauts are actually there? Hard to tell from the sparse footprints.

Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 10:19 PM

This was the original picture before NASA doctored it

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	B349DAF3-CE57-45A7-9EED-76ABE2EA0AF5.png
Views:	65
Size:	578.8 KB
ID:	8055  
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
This was the original picture before NASA doctored it

I knew it!
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 12:11 AM

If you were of the right age would, you want to be part of an initial landing party on Mars? That's what this is all about, so earthlings can go there and set up a station. I know I would not be able to handle it.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Sage ->
That's what this is all about, so earthlings can go there and set up a station.
I rather suspect it's more about getting to the ancient Martian technology first, i.e. getting inside the pyramids in Cydonia and the other structures. There are likely unique elements on Mars too and maybe lots of valuable metals and minerals.
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I rather suspect it's more about getting to the ancient Martian technology first, i.e. getting inside the pyramids in Cydonia and the other structures. There are likely unique elements on Mars too and maybe lots of valuable metals and minerals.
There are missions in the works to set up the station and to establish a colony. There are documentaries on it. These are scientists, not people who believe that there are structures there from other civilizations.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

29-11-2018, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Sage ->
If you were of the right age would, you want to be part of an initial landing party on Mars? That's what this is all about, so earthlings can go there and set up a station. I know I would not be able to handle it.
I would be happy to do that if I was single. I have always dreamed of travelling through space without coming back.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top