Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 03:36 PM

Re: High Time For A Reform Act To Control Our MPs.

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I think you should start using a dictionary to avoid misconceptions.
A representative is a person who has been chosen to act or make decisions on behalf of another person or a group of people.
On behalf: in the interest or aid of (someone).

Slave: person who is the legal property of another and is forced to obey them.
Exactly where was the word "slave" used?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 03:49 PM

Hi

We voted Leave, a decision which both major parties accepted.

MPs should represent the views of their constituents, that I agree with

If they represent a Remain voting Constituency I can respect them for following that as it is the wish of the people they represent.

What I consider to be totally wrong is those whose constituents voted leave but refuse to accept it and think that they know better.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 04:39 PM

Excellent post Realist.

Swimmy, I too can respect Remain MP's wanting to follow the decision of their constituents. That is their will, but it should be done in the form of voting in the HOC only, not in a Coup against the Prime Minister and his government. That can never be acceptable in a democracy.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I couldn't agree with you more SG I also think we need to vote for people who can read, because this lot voted for article 50 which said we would leave with or without a deal and have consistently then fought against it. Clearly never read what they voted for.
Interpretation of Article 50, the reason for this. A lot of confusion now from those now realising their folly.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 08:17 PM

Good posts SG.
I'd sack the bloody lot of them. The Establishment in this country are a bloody disgrace.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We voted Leave, a decision which both major parties accepted.

MPs should represent the views of their constituents, that I agree with

If they represent a Remain voting Constituency I can respect them for following that as it is the wish of the people they represent.

What I consider to be totally wrong is those whose constituents voted leave but refuse to accept it and think that they know better.

Do you also consider it wrong that Theresa Villiers, Dominic Raab, John Redwood, David Davis, Ian Duncan Smith Steve Baker and many other MP’s whose constituents voted to remain refuse to accept and think they know better?

Or, is it that a referendum is a-political and MP’s are entitled to their own views except when the bill makes the result of a referendum mandatory
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Do you also consider it wrong that Theresa Villiers, Dominic Raab, John Redwood, David Davis, Ian Duncan Smith Steve Baker and many other MP’s whose constituents voted to remain refuse to accept and think they know better?

Or, is it that a referendum is a-political and MP’s are entitled to their own views except when the bill makes the result of a referendum mandatory

It was a UK referendum and a UK decision
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
And no individual is obligated to agree with that decision just as many years earlier eurosceptics were not obligated to agree with the decision to join the EEC
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Exactly , it was a majority vote to leave and as such every MP remain or leave should have carried out the wish of the majority otherwise what was the point of having a referendum in the first place .
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
And no individual is obligated to agree with that decision just as many years earlier eurosceptics were not obligated to agree with the decision to join the EEC

Disagree all you like. Eurosceptics didn't exist when we joined the common market

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top