Aussie61
Australia
Aussie61 is male 

25-05-2016, 10:19 PM

Childrens Books:Do You Remember These?

Do you remember these books?

1)Happy Venture Readers.

2)The Wonderful World Of Walt Disney.

I loved these books.I started finding them and slowly built up a collection.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM01828.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	1069  
Welshie
United Kingdom
Welshie is female  Welshie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 10:42 PM

Re: Childrens Books:Do You Remember These?

the books i read as a child were all by Enid Blyton : Famous Five, Secret Seven, Mallory Towers and St Clares
i still have these collections on my book shelf as i cant bear to part with them
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2016, 12:50 AM

I learned to read with Janet and John books

My favourites at primary school and as a young teen were the Just William books by Richmal Crompton, Jennings Books by Anthony Buckeridge, the Swallows and Amazons series by Arthur Ransome and, of course!, Biggles by W. E. Johns (essential reading for every young person then).

The first two series I thought were hilarious, the other two just plain adventurous (until I read King Soloman's Mines which scared the s%^t out of me).

Another I remember with some pleasure was one called The Silver Sword, I can't remember who wrote it but it was a war time adventure taking place in Europe.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2016, 01:02 AM

When I was very young I liked the Little Grey Rabbit, Peter Rabbit and Noddy but obviously they were not my choices at that age.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2016, 04:26 PM

I loved 'The Turf Cutter's Donkey'. Still have a very old paper back version.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2016, 09:37 PM

My favourite is; 'The Wind in the Willows' and i still read it now

As a mature teenager it was 'Lady Chatterly's Lover' and 'Thomas Hardy Books, especially when made into Films
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2016, 09:42 PM

If I told you it would be the same old story. Insulted by the git for getting to grip at about 9? with the wisdom of books for younger children . And he had never heard of Kipps
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2016, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Welshie ->
the books i read as a child were all by Enid Blyton : Famous Five, Secret Seven, Mallory Towers and St Clares
i still have these collections on my book shelf as i cant bear to part with them
Same here, but I have them all on Audio Files. I have a big collection of online jigsaws and I always listen to an audio book when I'm doing them..
Welshie
United Kingdom
Welshie is female  Welshie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2016, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
My favourite is; 'The Wind in the Willows' and i still read it now

As a mature teenager it was 'Lady Chatterly's Lover' and 'Thomas Hardy Books, especially when made into
Films
Same here re Thomas Hardy - especially like Tess of the D'Urbervilles
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2016, 02:57 PM

I have always enjoyed reading. The Kindle is one of the best modern inventions, imo.

I liked the Enid Blyton books, in particular, when very young.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top