Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2009, 10:58 AM

Re: The best places you've holidayed?

I love Barbados ....... the white sand, beautiful scenery and the lovely friendly Bajan people. The flora is amazing, such vibrant colours everywhere.

I was totally hooked on steel bands from the first moment we landed at Grantley Adams Airport and were welcomed to the island by the local steel band.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2009, 02:20 PM

I've been all over Scotland, from the borders to John O'Groats, I love it, the only snag is the midges in summer time.
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2009, 08:40 PM

Scotland for me too the West Highlands my favourite places are the white sands of Morar and a little Loch called Lochindorb not far from Aviemore where you can sit all day and not see a car or person and just listen to the birds singing it's my idea of heaven ... Jokingly I said to my hubby I want my ashes scattered on the small island in the middle of it (There is a small ruined castle on it) but I would be sitting on the end of the boat laughing at him as he tried to row across hehe
Sue
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2009, 10:33 PM

Lake Como
Wester Ross
The Scilly Isles
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2009, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
Lake Como
Wester Ross
The Scilly Isles
My brother was married in Italy and had his wedding reception in a hotel overlooking Lake Como....... the views were spectacular!
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2009, 01:34 AM

Sounds like heaven... Travelling is so easy now it was not so long ago (well it doesn't seem it) that the ordinary working man/woman couldn't go to many of these places...
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2009, 02:03 AM

In my case I am less than 100 miles from 15 waterfalls, hundreds of miles of prestine Pacific coastline, High Desert country, 6 mountain plus the Cascade Mountains, and countless forests, lakes and rivers. Then there's the Columbia River Gorge exiting into the Pacific Ocean. I seldom have a need to leave the area to holiday elsewhere.

Columbia River Gorge

Mt. Hood

Multnomah Falls, Silver Falls & Bridal Veil Falls

Heceta Head Lighthouse, Haystack Rock at Canon Beach
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2009, 05:30 PM

Lake Como

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

25-08-2009, 05:39 PM

Fantastic photos VM!
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth

25-08-2009, 05:47 PM

Wester Ross

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top