Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2013, 11:32 AM

Re: Football

[QUOTE=spitfire;319237]
Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
It took years of working with children and also teaching Mups - can't do either without being able to 'chill' as they say [/QUOTE

Never realized you taught Mups BV., or are you engaging in incitement.
Oh blast - a grammatical error

Thank you for pointing that out spitfire - no, really, thanks
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2013, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I feel just the same as you Pats. It's not only women, I know quite a few men who dislike it too so why do they assume everyone is gagging at the bit waiting for the next match.
Exactly, and my OH is one of those men who dislike football with a passion.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2013, 10:02 PM

Don't talk to me about football Mups, my husband is a very passionate football watcher on tv. I really enjoy my two months freedom from football in the Summer but it's over with again now as football returns and it's back to every weekend with the football on tv. Hubby has the Sky Sports channels you see.

Still if you love someone it has to be give and take so I have to suffer it.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2013, 12:45 PM

I don't see why it's such a problem - my mum and stepfather had their own televison sets to watch when the football season started; he watched his sport and mum watched her programmes.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2013, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I don't see why it's such a problem - my mum and stepfather had their own televison sets to watch when the football season started; he watched his sport and mum watched her programmes.
Doubt if my poor old Dad would have dared put on something Mum didn't like
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2013, 10:38 PM

Seriously though, before Mum's hands got so arthritic and her sight became poor, she used to do alot of crafts, she was good with her hands. She used to decorate eggs - goose eggs, rhea eggs, etc, she even did a couple of her tortoise eggs once, they were like the Faberge eggs. They had a little telly in Mum's hobby room and in the evenings Dad used to watch the box while Mum lost herself in her hobby. Mum probably would have complained more if she hadn't got her eggs to do though!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

08-08-2013, 10:39 PM

those are the households that run smoothly

My mum always had her nose in a book unless Coronation Street or Sunday Night at the London Paladium came on, then she'd watch and I doubt my Dad would have tried to watch something else either
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

08-08-2013, 10:43 PM

She used to decorate eggs - goose eggs, rhea eggs, etc, she even did a couple of her tortoise eggs once, they were like the Faberge eggs.
How strange you should mention those! I worked with children for close to 25 years and I used to teach them how to decorate eggs, Faberge type ones as well but, mainly for Christmas and Easter (we'd cut a hole in the front of the egg and put Christmas cake decorations in the Christmas ones and usually little furry chicks in the Easter ones) - a lot of fun and one of the few things the kids actually looked pleased with the finished result! They are very pretty to look at.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

08-08-2013, 10:59 PM

Well fancy that! Yes I can imagine your kids would have enjoyed doing that. Mum used to put little hinged doors on the front sometimes and pop things inside, or sometimes the whole egg used to be hinged in two halves, with each half decorated inside as well as out, then people or - whatever the theme was- sitting inside. She still has some she never sold left from her craft fair days, I expect she still enjoys looking at them.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2013, 11:12 PM

It's as bad as politics, when things go wrong, there are too many folks to spread the blame among, this don't happen in the boxing ring, no hiding place there.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top