Join for free
Katiecoos
New Member!
Chatham UK
Katiecoos is female 

10-12-2009, 09:13 PM

Christmas Market

I am off tomorrow to visit the Christmas Markets. We are staying in the Black Forest and going to the Strasbourg Christmas market, has any one ever been ?? Really looking forward to it.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2009, 09:14 PM

Re: Christmas Market

I've never been but it sounds nice! I hope you take some pictures and post them when you get back

Have fun!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2009, 09:17 PM

Ooh...... I would love to go to one of the Christmas Markets abroad, they seem to have so much more atmosphere there.

Hope you have a lovely time .....and as Azz has said, don't forget some photos for us!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2009, 09:19 PM

No - but I'd really like to
Have a lovely time - wrap up warm!
Katiecoos
New Member!
Chatham UK
Katiecoos is female 

10-12-2009, 09:24 PM

Yes will take some piccies, apparently we might have some snow, which will be nice, it will really be very christmassy
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2009, 09:47 PM

Hope you have a lovely time-when visiting my niece in Herford Germany we went to the Christmas markets-they were really good-very christmassy as well
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2009, 11:33 PM

I went to one in Paris a few years ago, it was brilliant...Enjoy !
64&rolling
New Member!
Chippewa USA
64&rolling is female 

20-12-2009, 12:55 AM

Hello, I just joined this forum and it is a bit like going to a new city, getting off the bus, and not knowing what to do next. I do like your posts about the Christmas Markets. It seems the Malls have over run all the quaint places to go shopping.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2009, 06:09 PM

I personally love what I refer to as "mom & pop" stores. Shopping Malls are so impersonal. I enjoy entire blocks of small specialty stores with everything decorated and unique. Such a place is located in Seattle, Washington and is known as Pike's Place Market.It's an open market atmosphere where you can get almost everything. I love the German butcher shop where I can purchase hard to find specialties such as headcheese. Yum!

I envy your upcoming trip to the Black Forest Christmas shops. Please bring a camera and show us some photos.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top