Join for free
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2014, 02:45 AM

Re: your car

Personally I just hate parking, never seems to be enough room, and getting the shopping into the boot is hell.

clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2014, 05:21 AM

We had a Toyota Hilux when we lived in Kenya, I hated it, it was like driving a double decker bus (not that Iīve ever driven a double decker bus), but this kind of vehicle was a necessity there not a luxury. Our current car is a, now quite elderly, Mazda Premacy, itīs been, still is, trouble free and hopefully will stay that way for quite some time yet. We needed a car with plenty of room in order to get the dog cage in the back without taking up the back seats, it is diesel, we havenīt had petrol cars since, well I canīt remember when.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2014, 09:41 PM

I've got a four year old VW Golf TSI station wagon. Quite nippy and I love the amount of stuff I can carry in it. It's comfy and easy to drive with most of the usual refinements like parking sensors, sat nav/dvd player, together with heated seats and leather upholstery. The only thing I find it a bit difficult to manage in snow and somebody told me it was because of the engine being high torque (whatever that means).
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2014, 10:16 PM

I drive a Ford Fiesta Ghia automatic which suits me fine apart from the leather seats are hot in summer and cold in winter, and the mpg is rubbish. When all is said and done, it's a tin box on four wheels, but it gets me where I want to go.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2014, 06:05 PM

Until recently i had a Rover 45 impression s ...but i now have a 2005 Ford Mondeo Ghia 2lt TDCI ...I am still playing with it so so far i have found nothing wrong ...lol....
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2014, 06:43 PM

I love these car threads!

I've never, ever been in the position to buy a new car, pick out the trim level, the colour and so on - must be quite fun.

My car buying is simple - I have X-amount to spend so my market is what's available.

When my 1997 Astra started rusting to bits I was stuck so I went online, looked around, saw a car I could afford that looked OK and reviews online were not too bad and I bought it - that's it.

It's a 2002 Fiat Punto 5-door hatchback, it's silver, it's petrol-driven, it runs very well, it's very quiet, it's also great fun to drive, it only has front electric windows, it doesn't have remote locking or a fancy alarm and I average around 52mpg urban cycle - a lot more on a long run.

We dubbed it Pedro for some odd reason and - touch wood - it's never let us down so far - 4 years now - but it has had little things go that cost a flippin' fortune to fix becaise Fiat spares are disgracefully expensive so, much as I love my little Punto, I probably won't be keeping it much beyond 2016 when I'll go out for my next car after looking online!

Mind you, I may go for something a bit newer the next time. stevmk2
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2014, 10:02 PM

I have a little Toyota Yaris, it's comfy & just the right size, quite old but goes on and on with very little trouble, I call it Pixie and I'd swear that when it sees me it wags it's tail! If it ever conks out I won't replace it, just catch the bus. My old Suzuki Vitara 4x4 was a good little car until someone ran into it I missed it like mad when it went to the big scrapyard in the sky.
Jeana
Oregon, USA
Jeana is female 

01-11-2014, 06:42 PM

What are our likes and dislikes, you ask...

Well, I very much like American 'muscle cars', both old and new! As an example, I've wanted a Dodge Challenger since I was 17 yrs. old, back in the mid 1970s, and in recent years that company came out with a very good version all over again.

In my case, what I drive isn't a case of what I like or dislike, it's what I was left with in the divorce back in 2010!

I drive a 1994 Chevy Silverado extended cab. What I like about it: the miles-per-gallon could be worse; in a pinch it holds up to 3 passengers; if I happened to see a piece of furniture at a garage sale I could bring it home myself; it's a simple vehicle that mechanics can repair pretty easily & quickly. What I don't like: the miles-per-gallon could be better--I very rarely leave my small town, due to the expense; there's no place to put valuables or cargo completely out of sight when I park & leave it in a public place; it doesn't have 4 wheel drive (for winter or for emergencies); it's nearly 21 yrs. old. And...I feel obligated to offer to help a certain close relative when she moves again because I'm the only person in her life who has a pickup truck (albeit a short-bed).
BoyRacer
Scotland,UK
BoyRacer is male  BoyRacer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2014, 07:57 PM

My car is a Ford Focus ST3. I bought new in 2007 and has just 27000 on the clock.

It's effortlessly fast, a fantastic long distance cruiser, superb steering feel through the wheel, weight transfer in the corners is excellent and can take A and B roads at insane speeds. It has full leather, heated seats and screen, climate, 6 CD player etc. Only downsides are that it only does 27mpg and cost Ģ285 a year in road tax

It is my baby; probably the most important thing in my life. I can't fit it in the garage of my new house, so I'll probably have to move again.

I think you get the picture and so here it is.....

images upload
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2014, 08:53 PM

Our CRV is 20 years old end of this month, love it, it's got the split boot opening so we can open the top window get the leads on the girls and then open the bottom for them to get out, no uncontrolled leaping out as the boot opens.
Shopping fits nicely on back seat in a box on one side and Grace has a booster seat behind the passenger seat.

Only dislikes is the radio is stuck in the on position so we have radio 1 or 4 no whether we want them or not.

Sunroof no longer works but at least now it's stuck closed and not half open like it was originally stuck.

Had to buy 4 new tyres this year so we are good to go for a good few more miles hopefully.

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top