Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 02:54 PM

Oh Mind Your Own Business!

Do you ever feel like saying that to anyone?
You know, the 'do gooder' types who think they know best!
Lately, l made a meal for a friend of mine and made apple and blackberry crumble for pudding. I offered custard, ice cream or cream to pour on it and he chose cream. As l poured cream on mine, he remarked, 'Do you think you eat too much cream?'
I went mad! A guest in my home, eating lovely food l had prepared and then had the cheek to make that remark!
Another friend seems to assume, l take a lot of salt and he has never seen me eat! He started discussing it with me and has now sent me podcasts of radio programmes about salt in processed food. I never eat processed food, l make everything from scratch. I don't even have sugar in tea or on anything!
Now l know how smokers, drinkers or even cross dressers feel!
So l ask. Do you get unwanted, unasked for advice from people and feel like saying........ Oh Mind Your Own Business!
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 03:09 PM

Re: Oh Mind Your Own Business!

Part of life, I guess. You'll always have someone who thinks they know better than you. So yes, many times I've wanted to say that and many times I have. But most of the time I just ignore it.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 03:10 PM

Not often Art, but I am probably a bit more direct than you.

I would say " I make my own choices about what I eat, as you do... but I don't criticize what you eat!"

They soon learn if you say what you think!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 03:11 PM

My father would look at a tip and say-now that`s a real garden whilst in mine

Feed it and he would say-Do I have to eat that?

it`s not nice and it`s not funny-fcuk them
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 03:22 PM

I’m always wary of people I don’t know very well asking personal questions, I feel it’s very bad manners and I never do it meself, if people want to tell you something about themselves they will without you asking, if they want to keep it to themselves they will, and they have every right to.
Another thing that’s becoming very fashionable is when someone from the gas company or electric ring you and say “Hello James, my name is June and I’m from the gas company…” I don’t want to know the girls name, all I want to know is how much I owe them.
I once made up a small round silver stickpin with a question mark in the centre, around the circle I engraved the capital letters M.Y.O.F.B. The nosy blokes in the pub (and quite a few ladies) would ask me what the letters stood for, I loved it when they did, so I would just smile and say “Mind Your Own F…… Business”
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 03:26 PM

At Jenny`s father`s funeral I was the person who had upset the apple cart-I was asked-`who are your people`

I was too polite to say-never mind and by the way were you born rude or do you take lessons?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 03:30 PM

I was showing a fellow crafter a card I had recently made and was most put out at her comment - "yes, it is nice, but what you should done is ..." I quietly pointed out that what I should have done was exactly what I had done!!
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
At Jenny`s father`s funeral I was the person who had upset the apple cart-I was asked-`who are your people`

I was too polite to say-never mind and by the way were you born rude or do you take lessons?
Wow. That was definitely rude.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 03:36 PM

Yes Art, I feel like saying that sometimes. Being Diabetic I do get Family saying to me 'You're not suppose to be eating that', so I find something which they are not suppose to do and reply to same back to them.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Do you ever feel like saying that to anyone?
You know, the 'do gooder' types who think they know best!
Lately, l made a meal for a friend of mine and made apple and blackberry crumble for pudding. I offered custard, ice cream or cream to pour on it and he chose cream. As l poured cream on mine, he remarked, 'Do you think you eat too much cream?'
I went mad! A guest in my home, eating lovely food l had prepared and then had the cheek to make that remark!
Another friend seems to assume, l take a lot of salt and he has never seen me eat! He started discussing it with me and has now sent me podcasts of radio programmes about salt in processed food. I never eat processed food, l make everything from scratch. I don't even have sugar in tea or on anything!
Now l know how smokers, drinkers or even cross dressers feel!
So l ask. Do you get unwanted, unasked for advice from people and feel like saying........ Oh Mind Your Own Business!
Unless it was a member of my immediate family, or someone had asked for my advice, I would never offer it in a real life situation, although of course I say what I think on forums, hopefully not too rudely

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top