Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2009, 10:02 AM

Re: The Vecra's in the dealers

Went down to the dealers this morning to ask for the old pump back, . . they binned it they said, now why aint I surprised at that statement, this is a major dealership I'm talking about, they have branches all over the UK, it used to be Reg Vardy but he sold out 2 years ago and this company took the business over.

I could understand a garage binning parts that only cost a few quid but a part that costs nearly £500 I think not, it's bad practise not to let a customer see what they've replaced when it costs so much.

I don't doubt for a minute they replaced the pump but they said that unless a customer specifically asks for the part before it's removed they always bin it.

The warning light that came on last night didn't glow this morning, sometimes you get this after a repair either because the mechanic has forgot to clear the error from the ECU or the unit has given out a phantom signal which it cancels automatically once the car's been started a couple of times.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2009, 05:18 PM

Sod it, . . the car goes back in the garage tomorrow, I went to Stirling this morning (about 12 miles) and it cut out twice, . . on the motorway too.

I'm really angry about the whole thing, that's a total of £900 I've paid them since April and they still aint fixed it, . . oh well "tomorrow is another day" as someone once said, . . but they aint getting another £120 for a diagnostic charge.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2009, 01:14 PM

How did it go Nero? Mine is still cutting out now and again, usually when I slow down at lights or corners etc.
nero
Central Scotland

30-09-2009, 05:35 PM

Well well, I was right last week, the new solenoid valve they fitted in April is faulty I told them last week I had my doubts about it but they said no it was a new one, It's taken them all day to come to that conclusion.

So the £671 I paid them for the high pressure pump was for nothing, the car won't be ready for 2 days 'till they get the new solenoid, methinks I'll have to speak to my solicitor if they don't offer to refund the £671, I'll give them the chance however to stump up but there'll be no arguing, I'll leave that to my lawyer.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2009, 07:18 PM

I've got a Vauxhall car, I stopped going to our local Vauxhall garage ages ago, I now go too an independant garage.
nero
Central Scotland

01-10-2009, 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
I've got a Vauxhall car, I stopped going to our local Vauxhall garage ages ago, I now go too an independant garage.
It depends which model you have Alicat, most modern ones have these annoying ECU's which need dedicated diagnostic error readers, the idea was to cut down on repair costs by letting the mechanics know exactly what fault to look for instead of wasting half a day trying to look for the fault.

Sadly the dealer I go to doesn't have very good mechanics as you'll deduce from reading this thread.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top