Join for free
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 05:15 PM

Isn't this a great idea?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/storie...ng-is-recycled

Recycled/upcycled goods available.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 05:27 PM

Re: Isn't this a great idea?

It is a great idea ST I have seen it before on TV..
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 06:28 PM

I used to work for a company responsible for staffing all the tips, (recycling centres) in the area. The workers at the tips used to put aside anything worth recycling which was collected by the van and brought to our depot where it was auctioned off twice a week. Anything and everything was sold there. It wasn't cleaned or anything just put out and sold to the public.
I was taken on to PAT test and function test electrical items but also used to help out on Auction nights.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 10:35 PM

Our High Street is like that, 75% charity shops, 20% coffee shops, 5% empty shops.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Our High Street is like that, 75% charity shops, 20% coffee shops, 5% empty shops.
Yes Ray, seems that 70% of uk lives from rubbish tips now!
They call it progress l believe.
Its much the same in Africa lm afraid!

Best Regards Donkeyman!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I used to work for a company responsible for staffing all the tips, (recycling centres) in the area. The workers at the tips used to put aside anything worth recycling which was collected by the van and brought to our depot where it was auctioned off twice a week. Anything and everything was sold there. It wasn't cleaned or anything just put out and sold to the public.
I was taken on to PAT test and function test electrical items but also used to help out on Auction nights.

They used to sell stuff from our local tips too, MC, but then it was all stopped.

Now they have an old warehouse type place in town, and all the stuff is sold from there. They don't let the men sell it from the site anymore.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 12:21 AM

It’s a great idea

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top