Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 04:27 AM

Re: Vegans V Meat eaters

I have a number of vegan/veggie friends and they don't try to convert me but there is a quiet persuasion you can feel. For example I wouldn't invite one vegan friend to a barbeque because I know that he wouldn't be able to eat anything there as it's all considered contaminated & he would disapprove. Veggie friends are a bit more open minded. But it gets to be a bit of a religion for some.

I did try to be vegan myself, that didn't work out. So I tried to be veggie, which lasted a month. In the end I was pescatarian for over a year. But I just feel healthier having meat in my diet and that to me is more important than ethics. You can't go around making yourself ill for the sake of a principle. Plus I can't eat gluten so that takes a whole load of options away.

I have thought about the guilt trip meat eaters are put on and I have been having the environmental conversation with vegan friends for a while. Rainforests being cut down to plant soy etc. The destruction of animal habitats to sustain our growing need for grains and veg. Surely that harms animals just as much? But some have said that so much more has to be grown to sustain the farmed animal population. I haven't looked up the stats on that. Does anyone here know?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
That's bordering on being unAustralian Though the seafood does redeem you a bit.

haha. Yeah I guess digger. But waddaya do!?..BTW That is the most ridiculously cute thing I've ever seen. Your ?grandaughter
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 04:36 AM

The rain forest is being destroyed for use as farming lands mainly pasture for cattle .
The fact is there are too many people on the planet and we all eat too much .
I am not a vegan or even a vegetarian out of laziness.
Cooking is bad enough already without trying to think of vegetarian meals.
I wish however all meat was labelled then I would avoid all meat not prestunned.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I fully agree with that.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 06:30 AM

How do you know if someone is vegan? Don't worry they'll tell you
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 07:16 AM

I’ve only just found out that vegans won’t eat honey, as it’s produced from an animal..?...I can’t think of anything more natural than honey,,, strangely enough, I’m not too fond of honey, although I will have it if it is in things I eat..
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I also agree with this! If we all ate a little less the human race would be fitter, healthier & the people who produce food, to create an income, could reduce their products & help the environment.
The real problem is that food has become a pleasure, rather than a necessity & marketeers soon realize that we are all daft enough to buy more of a well marketed product.

Forty years ago vegans were considered strange people, who may not get the right nutrition, but now the marketeers have made it fashionable, lots more people eat that way.
All accepted foods are good for you so we could eat well & be very nutritionally balanced. I would love to always cook from fresh, but lack of time & laziness sometimes make us resort to ready made, processed dinners that can be cooked in the microwave.

I eat meat, fish & vegetarian food but I have no idea on how to make vegan food. If anybody has any nice tasty recipes I would be happy to try them..... but only when my sister isn't here.....she hates vegetables.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
haha. Yeah I guess digger. But waddaya do!?..BTW That is the most ridiculously cute thing I've ever seen. Your ?grandaughter
No, just a gif I found on line.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 09:07 AM

Vegans have been around for a while now without making too much of a fuss but suddenly everything is connected with saving or not saving the planet. Everywhere you look now, it's vegan this and vegan that, even vegan shampoo. It's a marketing ploy along with everything else. Being a vegan will not save the planet, neither will eating meat. Reducing the number of people born on the planet might.

I buy some Quorn products which have suddenly become Vegan products but they still use plastic in their packaging.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 09:10 AM

Let's face it unless there is a major castatrophe like a plague or world war the planet is Donald ducked .

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top