Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 07:14 PM

Re: Sudoku

Originally Posted by solo ->
Although I excelled at most subjects, our maths teacher took a vicious delight at holding up my maths effort to show the class saying "and here we have another virgin white piece of paper from solo" and he wondered why I went blank as soon as I entered his class.

Doing sodoku gives me some small closure to that
You didn't go to school in north London by any chance?

My maths teacher was like that. In the end I just gave up and couldn't wait to leave school and go to work. Problem was with that I then couldn't complete any homework so was caned every time for not doing it! At least I found a good use for my maths exercise books.

One day that maths teacher went to his car at lunchtime only to find someone had smashed all the windows – Karma!

No, it wasn't me but he was like he was with anyone who simply did not understand and couldn't keep up, no time for them just the ones who excelled!
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
You didn't go to school in north London by any chance?

My maths teacher was like that. In the end I just gave up and couldn't wait to leave school and go to work which was insisted on in those days. Problem was with that I then couldn't complete any homework so was caned every time for not doing it! At least I found a good use for my maths exercise books.

One day that maths teacher went to his car at lunchtime only to find someone had smashed all the windows – Karma!

No, it wasn't me but he was like he was with anyone who simply did not understand and couldn't keep up, no time for them just the ones who excelled!
What was so frustrating for me was I loved learning and I could get the maths answers no problem but could not show or explain my working out on paper which he insisted on. He knew I could do it but his riddicule and ruler smacking my hands which obvious caused much laughter from others in the class meant a nightmare for me so maths became 'shut down' time.

What makes me grin is I know where every penny comes and goes and can add up quicker than any bank manager.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
The easy one at the back I presume?
I am from Hull, Judd
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 08:16 PM

I think you can either be good at words or numbers, not both.

I'm going to keep trying though.

I could do geometry and binary, one is arty the other has patterns which I'm quite good at spotting. Probably why I find so many multi-leaved clovers, they stand out.

It's odd that my 1st wasband was a brilliant artist and mathematician, you wouldn't think that would go together.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
How on Earth do you do it?!!
I've looked and looked at different instructions and still none the wiser.
Do you have to be a maths genius?
I think I have some kind of number blindness, never been good at maths. It was a huge stress for me at school and only learned how to do percentages and stuff at work.

Any easy to understand tips would be welcome.
I could never work out how to do it so gave it up as a bad job, anything maths related and I might as well forget it, I'm crap at maths
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 10:47 PM

Just did my first one!!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 11:00 PM

Does sinus maths make your eyes water?
Feey
Ireland
Feey is male  Feey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 11:17 PM

heres a free site to do lots of sudokus

https://www.websudoku.com/
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Just did my first one!!!
Did it work out OK?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 11:25 PM

Anyone tried that train track thing in the Mail? That does my head in, have not managed to complete it so far.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top