Join for free
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 03:29 PM

Sweet chilli dip.

I like mine home made...not to hot...I leave some seeds in..
Just eaten some halloumi fries.with the dip..ooooh plus lots of garlic !.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	10312  
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 07:16 AM

Re: Sweet chilli dip.

Sounds good. Any chance of the recipe?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 08:50 AM

I make a version too Pauline which goes particularly well with freshly peeled prawns and vegetarian spring rolls (which are baked not fried)

Mine looks thinner than yours.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 03:53 PM

ST,this is my version...I should have called it sweet pepper and chilli dip.

2 long sweet peppers.
3 small red chillies.
7 garlic cloves.
150ml water.
100 gram sugar.
15ml white wine vinegar.
15 ml cider vinegar.
Cornstarch.

Firstly I de seeded the red peppers...same with chill..but left a few seeds in.
Then I roughly chopped the peppers,chilli,garlic.

Added to my magi mix and pulsed a few times..make sure it doesn't turn into paste...so need to keep checking.

I then add water,sugar to pan,heat until dissolved,add the vinegars..plus the chilli mixture,simmer for a good ten minutes,then thicken with the cornstarch..which I mix with a little water first,then add to mixture...then simmer until the texture is right for you...i usually add more sugar towards the end of cooking.

Plus I like my dip very thick...so depending on your taste,you can add more or less water.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

20-07-2019, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I make a version too Pauline which goes particularly well with freshly peeled prawns and vegetarian spring rolls (which are baked not fried)

Mine looks thinner than yours.

I think the mixture should be thinner,Meg....but I love a thick mixture,so the spoon stands up.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2019, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
ST,this is my version...I should have called it sweet pepper and chilli dip.

2 long sweet peppers.
3 small red chillies.
7 garlic cloves.
150ml water.
100 gram sugar.
15ml white wine vinegar.
15 ml cider vinegar.
Cornstarch.

Firstly I de seeded the red peppers...same with chill..but left a few seeds in.
Then I roughly chopped the peppers,chilli,garlic.

Added to my magi mix and pulsed a few times..make sure it doesn't turn into paste...so need to keep checking.

I then add water,sugar to pan,heat until dissolved,add the vinegars..plus the chilli mixture,simmer for a good ten minutes,then thicken with the cornstarch..which I mix with a little water first,then add to mixture...then simmer until the texture is right for you...i usually add more sugar towards the end of cooking.

Plus I like my dip very thick...so depending on your taste,you can add more or less water.
Sounds delicious - thank you, Pauline, will definitely give it a try.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2019, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I think the mixture should be thinner,Meg....but I love a thick mixture,so the spoon stands up.
Pauline I use a similar recipe but incude rice vinegar, brown sugar , freshly ground ginger, a teaspoon of Kikkoman soy sauce.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top