Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

02-08-2012, 01:23 PM

The 2012/2013 Football Season - Fans Thread

The new season is nearly upon us once again and all leagues should be starting in the next two weeks or so.

I thought perhaps we would start the new thread a little early to talk over any transfers, general gossip and our individual hopes for our clubs fortunes this term. In fact anything and everything to do with our game.

May I wish every supporter and true fan of the game all the very best for the new season.

Good luck to everyone.

Football is simple but the hardest thing to do is playing simple football. Johan Cruyff.

Onward.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2012, 04:52 PM

Re: The 2012/2013 Football Season - Fans Thread

thank goodness , that time soon passed then.I am a half hearted Manu fan, just because my Dad was a City Fan, and this year I am going to follow football (what did you say, Oh God No.)Joe is a Wigan fan. I also follow Liverpool.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

04-08-2012, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
thank goodness , that time soon passed then.I am a half hearted Manu fan, just because my Dad was a City Fan, and this year I am going to follow football (what did you say, Oh God No.)Joe is a Wigan fan. I also follow Liverpool.
Annie, there was I thinking you were Gooner.
As for Wigan, they have a brilliant manager in Martinez but Mr Whelan the owner is another matter.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

04-08-2012, 05:37 PM

Reading through some of the sports pages I happened on a piece in the Sun of all places, about Kriss Akabusi.

He is a season ticket holder at the Boleyn and I could not help but smile reflectively when reading his account of how he used to slide into the ground after the kick-off.

He had some good positive things to say including why we should cease our pursuit of Andy Carroll. I agree with Kriss that he ain't all that and does not want to join us so let him do one.

I would not argue over much with his version of the best Hammers side.

Phil Parkes
Ray Stewart Bobby Moore Alvin Martin Julian Dicks

Billy Bonds Trevor Brooking Frank Lampard Clyde Best

Paolo Di Canio Tony Cottee
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2012, 07:03 PM

I like Kriss's laugh.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2012, 07:42 PM

Don't know about anyone else but I personally am looking forward to the new season with anticipation and I sincerely hope that all you other football followers are in the same frame of mine even though we are being spoilt by the deeds of team GB in the olympics.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria

09-08-2012, 09:34 AM

Oh yes Bob I am ready for the football and the Rugby too. Come on Jem are you still a cow and beef supporter or have you changed to a good team!
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 07:55 PM

Liverpool playing at home tonight Annie in the Europa league second leg match, already 1-0 ahead so I am expecting a decent result, bye for now.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria

11-08-2012, 07:49 AM

Just read the England Team Players, sound alright will miss Gerard of course and so will the team I think he really cared about the job.Good to see Terry has been dropped and Frank Lampared is still in.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK

11-08-2012, 12:18 PM

It's a friendly match Annie so it will give Roy Hodgson the chance to see whether or not some of the newcomers will fit the bill plus of course he can chop and change during the game, a good result would be handy but not essential at this time.
Watched Liverpool soundly beat a poor FC Gomel side 3-0 to progress further in the Europa competition on a 4-0 aggregate score and they now face Scottish side Hearts in a 2 legged qualifier.
As expected, Suarez ran rings round the Gomel defence and the most surprising thing was that he never got on the score sheet Gerrard, Johnson and new boy Borini supplied the goals in what was a nice little workout for the Anfield outfit.
Now Liverpool have signed Joe Allen from Swansea and the Welsh international looks set to become another Kop favourite.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top