Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 05:48 PM

Re: The Trial of Christine Keeler.

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Will we ever find out why an MP Secretary of State, whose father was a member of the Italian Aristocracy a Baron, chose to have an affair with a girl young enough to be his Granddaughter.
Especially as he was married to an Attractive Actress Valerie Hobson, who acted with John Mills & Lawrence Olivier.
She was also a very loyal wife who gave up her career to help him as an MP. She of course knew he could never be monogamous as he had had previous affairs.

Also how could a man of his stature and position not realise tha Christine was a Kiss and Tell Girl ?

Christine Keeler was a Man Magnate and me of all ages were attracted to her like moths to a flame.
It did not matter that she had slept around, and smoked like a chimney and had a mouth like a sewer when angry.
She was naive, and had no idea that she was playing with fire, consorting with a high ranking MP and a Russian Spy at the same time.

That was the Era when may high ranking figures and MP's had affairs and as a matter of course blind eyes were the order of the day.
Mistresses were passed around like 'Pass the Parcel Including Royal Mistresses.

All this makes for very entertaining TV.
Good post says it all.

And no way even after the court verdict was she a Prostitute.

To any one to say she was is disgusting.

Found it hard to watch this series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LtOXBZgl5w
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 08:06 PM

I was only 10 in '62, remember the scandal, but not the detail.

I'm currently enjoying binging this on iPlayer, top period drama where I feel I was there, daddy drove a Jag like that, the cops drove cars like that .... loving it.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 08:49 AM

I'm hooked, loved the miniseries, and now I need to know more.

Here is an excerpt from the Stephen_Ward Wikipedia page:

Ward introduced Keeler to Profumo, who was greatly attracted to her and promised to keep in touch. Ward later reported to MI5 that Profumo and Ivanov had met, and that Profumo had shown considerable interest in Keeler. This information was an unwelcome complication in MI5's plans to use her in a honeytrap operation against Ivanov which might secure his defection.
unwelcome complication .... hmmm
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Good post says it all.

And no way even after the court verdict was she a Prostitute.

To any one to say she was is disgusting.

Found it hard to watch this series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LtOXBZgl5w
Good not watch the last episode. a massive insult to justice.

A woman pillared for being a good time girl.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top