Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 08:22 AM

Re: Kind gestures

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Whilst driving home yesterday, as I was approaching a roundabout near home, the car in the left hand lane to me stopped and tooted me.
I wondered what I had done wrong, but he was pointing at the road ahead.
Next, he got out of his car, and walked towards me. He must have been 6'6", a huge giant of a man he was, and I quickly locked my car doors.

Then I saw what this gentle giant was trying to do.
There was a tiny, fluffy baby duckling in total panic running round and round in the road, totally lost and separated from it's family. Wee dot of a thing, so cute, couldn't have been more than about 3" high.

It was running blind in all directions panicking, but the man pursued it and eventually caught it in his huge hands and I just saw the little eyes and bill popping over his fingers as he gently held it. He went across the road and put it in a front garden where I believe he'd seen 'Mum' go.

That really, really pleased me that this person didn't just keep driving and let it take it's chances on that roundabout.
What a kind man.
So different to the moron behind me who was scowling and tooting us to get out of his way.

So glad he cared, that really made my day seeing that rescue.

When did you last see a kindness that made your day?

I think it's out of order, how can he take the law into his own hands, stop the flow of traffic, it's quackers, he should learn to follow mummy duck closely, stay safe, stay alert.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 09:10 AM

I did the same once I saw a little tortoise in the road and stopped my car blocking the cars behind . I leapt out and as I approached the little thing it raised its head to wards me and .......
I saw that it was in fact a RUBBER GLOVE
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I did the same once I saw a little tortoise in the road and stopped my car blocking the cars behind . I leapt out and as I approached the little thing it raised its head to wards me and .......
I saw that it was in fact a RUBBER GLOVE
hahahahaha, that made me laugh as it reminded me of when we lived in Spain and some friends came over to visit.

Walking down the street my friend spotted what she thought was a lizard and when she got up to it it was dried chit hahaha,so, so funny. Thanks for the laugh Muds x
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 09:40 AM

Oh mups that is so lovely for a moment I fell in love with this gentle giant
AliceWonderland
United Kingdom
AliceWonderland is female  AliceWonderland has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 08:10 PM

When did you last see a kindness that made your day?
That has made my day today

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 08:47 PM

Sorry Alice, but it says "Video Unavailable."
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 09:25 PM

Sorry Alice, but it says "Video Unavailable."
You can still watch it Mups but on You Tube itself, just click on the link on the line below where it says "Video unavailable".
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
You can still watch it Mups but on You Tube itself, just click on the link on the line below where it says "Video unavailable".

Oh, I didn't know that Baz.
Will give it a try tomorrow.
Thanks.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 02:02 AM

It’s lovely.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
That was a lovely thing that man did, Mups. There are good people in this World.
Yes, there are. I some times wish there are more of them.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top