Join for free
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 09:20 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Jem ->
There seems to be a new twist in insurance selling these days, house insurance, car insurance, and even in pet insurance. the new buzz words are, we offer “a no quibble approach” to all claims.
Well big bloody deal, why should anyone quibble about paying out buttons when they’re raking in billions, my bookie never quibbles when he’s paying me my winnings, actually he smiles and says “More luck to you Jem”
Same with the postmistress, she never quibbles when she’s handing out me pension every Friday, “Nice to see you again Mr. Mac, how are the grandchildren?”
Honestly, they’d try anything to get money off you, they must have been doing an awful lot of quibbling over the years when they have to put it in their new ads that they are now offering a no quibble service or self gagging.
A short section of my guttering fell down after a storm last December, I called the insurance fella “Hello, I want to avail of your no quibbling service, my gutter fell down, can you send out a nice happy man to write me a cheque, I shall be watching his face very closely while he’s writing it and if I see one frown on it I’ll be reporting him to you, thank you”
They sent out the jolliest man I have ever seen, he was dressed in a clowns outfit and singing “Happy days are here again” He presented the wife with a box of chocolates and flowers and me with a bottle of Sandemans Port.
Then I woke up.
That’s my quibble over for the day.

Meet the new "No Quibbles" Insurance investigator.

nice one Jem - I thunk it's tha way ya tell 'um!!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I do love penguins.
yes they can huddle together in the severe arctic winter and freeze to death - David Attenborough once told me? [well he WAS on the tv at the time!]
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
yes they can huddle together in the severe arctic winter and freeze to death - David Attenborough once told me? [well he WAS on the tv at the time!]
I adopted a penguin once on the Isle of Wight.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

02-03-2019, 09:33 PM

yes I remember that film " the last penguin on the isle of wight - I do believe they are quite tasty with marmalade and toast but do wiggle about a lot?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 09:35 PM

yes I remember that film " the last penguin on the isle of wight - I do believe they are quite tasty with marmalade and toast but do wiggle about a lot?
Naughty Gummy, the place was closed and my little penguin died.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 09:36 PM

Have you ever seen the ads about there being only seven Elephants left and would you not adopt one? Sure if you did adopt one and take it home there'd be only six left, besides where would you put it?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 09:39 PM

nice one Jem - I thunk it's tha way ya tell 'um!!
Thanks Gummy, ever so kind of you.
Actually you get me worried when you are too kind, I start to think “What’s this fella up to now I wonder”

I never could take to the football myself RJ, much as I tried as a boy i could never like it or master it, the only time I’d be picked for a game on the street was when they were desperately short of a ‘man’ to make up a team.
Some years ago while on a visit to my brother in London he had a ‘surprise’ for me when I got there, a seemingly much prized ticket to see Queens Park Rangers play Sheffield Wed. at Loftus Road, he was nuts about Football and QPR.
I was mortified all the way through the match and thought it would never end, of course the hardest part of the whole thing was pretending I was having a great time, we were very close and the last thing I would do is hurt his feelings, never was at another football match before nor since.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

02-03-2019, 09:42 PM

I hate football - So there!!!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

02-03-2019, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Thanks Gummy, ever so kind of you.
Actually you get me worried when you are too kind, I start to think “What’s this fella up to now I wonder”

I never could take to the football myself RJ, much as I tried as a boy i could never like it or master it, the only time I’d be picked for a game on the street was when they were desperately short of a ‘man’ to make up a team.
Some years ago while on a visit to my brother in London he had a ‘surprise’ for me when I got there, a seemingly much prized ticket to see Queens Park Rangers play Sheffield Wed. at Loftus Road, he was nuts about Football and QPR.
I was mortified all the way through the match and thought it would never end, of course the hardest part of the whole thing was pretending I was having a great time, we were very close and the last thing I would do is hurt his feelings, never was at another football match before nor since.
ozzie footie is much more fun - you can pick the ball up and run with it - not poncing about like those 'fairies' doin twirlie gigs and piroettes and passing the ball back into their own quarter all the time - now Irish curling is a different thing altogether - lethal I am told?

wot me 'up to anyfink' - the last time I was up to anyfink was on scottie rd in da 'pool as I passed this blonde standin nonchantly on the corner with a fag in her mouth and mini skirt up to her waist who said " d'ya wanna get ya lighter out gummy and set me alight"? - god I took off like a bloody rocket!! - didn't wanna get me flints wet!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 09:48 PM

Penguin shite ain't as rare as Rocking Horse shite, that's a fact.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top