Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2018, 05:55 PM

Re: How did you spend Christmas Day?

Originally Posted by issi ->
just like me joe, alone I tried leaving replies here and for some reason most of my replies have been disappeared. I don't know if I have offended anyone here but I am not aware of it if I did. I found my son dead on Christmas day some years back and since then I have found Christmas very difficult, so I came on here and tried to join in but it seems nobody was interested.so I apologise if I have done anything wrong.
Honestly issi, I popped in a few times on Christmas day and and looked for you but couldn't see any posts. You certainly haven't done anything wrong.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2018, 05:59 PM

Just the two of us. Croissants in the morning then the full lunch but with a Quorn roast. I did intend to cook a separate turkey crown for myself but decided against it in the end. Watched Netflicks in the evening.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2018, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Just the two of us. Croissants in the morning then the full lunch but with a Quorn roast. I did intend to cook a separate turkey crown for myself but decided against it in the end. Watched Netflicks in the evening.
As an 'almost vegetarian', I had some turkey on Christmas Day.
issi
scotland
issi is female  issi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 12:49 PM

Hi LD, I would like to thank you for your kind words and encouragement.
I am a bit afraid to reply to anything now, however I can always just read the post's. Wishing you a really wonderful new year.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

30-12-2018, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by issi ->
Hi LD, I would like to thank you for your kind words and encouragement.
I am a bit afraid to reply to anything now, however I can always just read the post's. Wishing you a really wonderful new year.
Issi, Please do not be afraid to post, you have not upset anyone but it will upset all of us if you stop posting. Come on, tell us all about yourself. x

And I wish you a Happy New Year too Issi. x
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

30-12-2018, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
As an 'almost vegetarian', I had some turkey on Christmas Day.
I almost had turkey. I was going to buy some just for the cats and myself but decided against it in the end because even the turkey crowns seemed too big and would probably get wasted.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I almost had turkey. I was going to buy some just for the cats and myself but decided against it in the end because even the turkey crowns seemed too big and would probably get wasted.
Our cats turned their noses up at turkey leftovers.

Too fussy by half.
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.
Malc.27 is male  Malc.27 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 06:30 PM

This year was completely different for us.... Our sons' birthday is on Christmas day and this year he reached the grand old age of 40.
Several months ago, our daughter-in-law suggested we could do something special and if we all clubbed together, we could rent a cottage, ( 7 adult, + 1 child under 6), not too far away, as a surprise for him. So we spotted a Barn Conversion that would do, just about 20 miles away, in the 'sticks'.
Booked it for 4 nights, from 24th to 27th. Vacating on the 28th Dec.(last friday).

The surprise really worked well and on boxing day several of his friends turned up for a get-together, which was an extra surprise for him.

I'll need to post another thread to add additional info, in a few days.....
To be continued.

Malc.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 07:44 PM

I spent the morning in bed and got up around 11am...opened a few prezzies when my sis popped round. The lunch was a joint effort between son and myself,we managed baked salmon with sweetcorn and brocolli. my other son had a xmas lunch chicken pie with roast spuds stuffing and veg.
I spent the afternoon reading and listening to the radio. it was a pleasant enough day tbh
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 07:37 PM

Do you know, I can't remember - I was having fevers and one day was rolling into the other with my paying little attention to the date. I may have been on here.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top