Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 09:08 AM

Ageism

Carol Vorderman supporting campaign against ageism.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ism-MeToo.html
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 09:20 AM

Re: Ageism

Well "Mutton dressed as lamb" is a comment that I think is stupid, bitchy, judgemental and most of all jealous. And it says more about the person who is saying it than the person to whom it is directed. I think the woman in the blue and red dresses looks sensational. So does my wife. Who cares how old she is.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 09:40 AM

Advocating a positive attitude for those who may be less confident. Ageism is as odious as racism and sexism.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 10:19 AM

Carol is an odd one to face this campaign obviously she is right but she has had so much surgery on her face to appear younger she seems to have bought into the idea people particularly women need to look a certain way to be relevant. She is in a career notorious for wanting young people and when she was young happily pushed older women out of the way. Now she is older she wants protection.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Carol is an odd one to face this campaign obviously she is right but she has had so much surgery on her face to appear younger she seems to have bought into the idea people particularly women need to look a certain way to be relevant. She is in a career notorious for wanting young people and when she was young happily pushed older women out of the way. Now she is older she wants protection.
Indeed .....

Over the years, Vorderman has totally transformed herself with more than £100k of body surgery:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...an-star-botox/

How much she spends personal trainers and stylists is unknown .....
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 12:04 PM

I have no time for idiots who try to make themselves look a lot younger than they are.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Well "Mutton dressed as lamb" is a comment that I think is stupid, bitchy, judgemental and most of all jealous. And it says more about the person who is saying it than the person to whom it is directed. I think the woman in the blue and red dresses looks sensational. So does my wife. Who cares how old she is.
That cougar in blue looks more like mutton dressed up as goat.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I have no time for idiots who try to make themselves look a lot younger than they are.
LOL!

You prefer younger women then?

So do I. The memsahib's ten years my junior.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 01:07 PM

I hasten to add I have no problem with people making the best of themselves it's the repeated surgeries worry me. it seems like an addiction with some people and they can't accept they are growing older naturally.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 01:25 PM

I wouldn't mind trying to iron out my wrinkles if they got like Savoy cabbage althoughI doubt I ever will.

Multiple surgeries usually means lack of self esteem and they would more benefit with help in trying to improve that self esteem but someone having a little enhancement hardly justifies being called an idiot .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top