Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2020, 01:34 PM

Re: How do keep a house tidy

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Muddy, l am the same. Housework to me is a killer as it’s so exhausting.
The best thing for me is for someone to ring up and say they are coming to see me, then l go round like a bat of hell and tidy up!

Yet put me in my garden all day, doing hard grafting out there and l’m in my glory.

I wonder if it’s because l was born in Ireland and l’m more suited to navvy work and building canals and motorways!
No Art, it is probably because housework is boring & whatever work you do there, it needs to be repeated daily!
When you go to work the house never seems to need as much cleaning, as there is nobody to make a mess!
Perhaps we should all work part time & pay somebody who enjoys cleaning to do the housework!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2020, 01:49 PM

Well I honestly don't see the problem.

Everything should have its place and I something new is added then decide where it should be and if a replacement then sling the old one.

In any case just put things back after use.

Routine cleaning as opposed to keeping things tidy again is just a matter of planning then routine.

We keep a big barn of a place clean and tidy with no effort whatsoever.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2020, 02:23 PM

I don't feel comfortable in a tidy house.
I like to live in mine, if I'm making something I like to feel I can leave stuff out.
I usually got several hobbies on the go so often there's just enough room for myself, Dolly and the kitties to sit.

I remember when I had a period of ocd, drove myself nuts, measuring the spaces between ornaments etc.

Now I have much more important things to worry about including keeping my mind active.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2020, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
How do I keep my house tidy, I don't, I am a hoarder & it's in a permanent state of disarray. I do however Dyson it & dust sometimes.
Impressive array there Tiffany ,but where do you sit ?
lol
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2020, 02:49 PM

I stick to the old saying 'A place for everything and everything in its place'

Everything in my house has its own 'home' and is put back after use.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2020, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Impressive array there Tiffany ,but where do you sit ?
lol
Certainly not on the settee, but the two chairs are usually bear or animal free.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050486.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	11383   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050476.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	11384  
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2020, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
How do I keep my house tidy, I don't, I am a hoarder & it's in a permanent state of disarray. I do however Dyson it & dust sometimes.

Haha Tiff, at last - someone who makes my cluttered abode look quite empty.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2020, 05:23 PM

I went round one of my friend's houses recently and was impressed with how minimalist she is, there's no clutter, hardly any furniture etc and I was thinking how I could make my home less cluttered.

But you know what? All my "stuff" I either love or need so stuff it, I'll carry on living cluttered up, I know where everything is, there is a system - sort of
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2020, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Haha Tiff, at last - someone who makes my cluttered abode look quite empty.
I wasn't allowed when OH was alive, guess I have regressed to being a kid again & Daughter doesn't help, she keeps buying me more cuddly animals.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2020, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Xandra ->
I sympathise because this could have been written by me. And has made me feel much better!
My ground floor is open plan which doesn't help and I could probably do with a lot more storage space.
But I've realised as long as it's kept clean it doesn't really matter.
I think open plan is more difficult but more story age places just gives room for more stuff !
We need a lumber room !

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top