Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2020, 12:51 PM

Re: Tax the Wrinkles

I'd have to cut out the family support for the Grandchildren to go to Uni.

That would release quite a lot of dosh.

Then the Gov could cut out many of the useless Media studies types of course which do not seem to be cost effective.

I laugh when I see an academic come out, with something like this, as they never seem to understand where the money comes from!

I bet this (EU) person did the whole thing on someone else's money!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2020, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Rearrange these words into a well known phrase or saying.

THAT SOD
Hi

Nobody should be immune from paying the financial cost.

I include in this statement the House of Lords and our MPs.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2020, 12:57 PM

'Que sera sera'.

Used to convey a fatalistic recognition that future events are out of the speaker's control.

It's amazing what you can pick up from Google.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2020, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Nobody should be immune from paying the financial cost.

I include in this statement the House of Lords and our MPs.
The issue here is the discriminatory factor being proposed. Those of us a bit long in the tooth have made sacrifices for YEARS to support kids, grand kids, and in some cases great ground kids. Real sacrifices.
Taking on horrible and dangerous jobs in order to provide for their families

Now we're a rapidly declining portion of the population facing increaseing costs that WILL grow like Topsy. The likelihood of The Tripple Lock continuing is remote in the extreme leaving many of us facing an even bleaker future.

But this age-hatred is not new, it's been on the rise for some time however the fallout from the Chinese Plague - oops, mustn't say that anymore apparently it's racist, - it's becoming much more pronounced in the young.

It's not just the thicko's and knuckle-draggers, it's also the "academics" too as this arschloch shows.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2020, 02:57 PM

Are the older generation required to be 'Sacrificial Lambs'
My Accountant seems to want me to pay lots of tax, in fact recently £30,000 on Company for one year.

Having recently sold the Assets of the Business, HMRC
are looking for a further tax in the region of £180.000..00 on the sale. and if no further investment is made on the proceeds it will go up to 40% tax of the Sale price.

At the same time they happily allow some Companies trading
in the UK and Registered abroad Billions of Tax Free Dividends.
This is grossly unfair and they should be taxed Pro Rata
especially now, as in the future we are all going to have make further sacrifices to pay back the Billions borrowed for the Corona Virus Pandemic.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2020, 03:04 PM

Hi
No, No and NO.

Many are on 80% of Wages.

Us Pensioners have had no cut at all.

This is simply not fair.

We should take the hit as much as everyone.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2020, 03:10 PM

1. Have you noticed just how many times in recent months, the "dons" of Oxbridge have been seen to be so far left-thinking, they've almost fallen over?
2. As soon as all the Mickey Mouse degrees, such as Meejar Studies and Art History, that are essay- not exam-based are binned the better.
3. V and I pay taxes on our pensions. We don't like having to do this but, our pensions add up to more than our allowances allowances so, we must by law. Does this piss me off, yes, of course it does but I'm also happy we get free prescriptions and bus passes, etc. Someone has to pay for those.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2020, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi
No, No and NO.

Many are on 80% of Wages.

Us Pensioners have had no cut at all.

This is simply not fair.

We should take the hit as much as everyone.

Like hell. Those of us who do pay tax are already subsidising people who should be getting no more than the already excessive Benefits.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

15-05-2020, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
1. Have you noticed just how many times in recent months, the "dons" of Oxbridge have been seen to be so far left-thinking, they've almost fallen over?
2. As soon as all the Mickey Mouse degrees, such as Meejar Studies and Art History, that are essay- not exam-based are binned the better.
3. V and I pay taxes on our pensions. We don't like having to do this but, our pensions add up to more than our allowances allowances so, we must by law. Does this piss me off, yes, of course it does but I'm also happy we get free prescriptions and bus passes, etc. Someone has to pay for those.
Pay for prescriptions? Look, those of us who paid taxes for decades were buying our place in the sector in which certain Benefits were provided in view of our increased needs and for most a substantial reduction in income and it those now in the sector that we were in that should be buying the place that we are in today.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

15-05-2020, 03:31 PM

Hi

Facts are facts, get real.

The major impact on the NHS is wrinklies.

We should pay for that.

The young and fit are hardly impacted.

Lockdown is to protect wrinklies and those with Health Conditions, primarily Diabetes and the obese.

This is natural selection.

We cannot expect them to pay for us.

We cannot expect our Pensions to be Triple Locked when huge numbers are on 80% of their wages.

This is simply not right.

I am quite happy to pay my way.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top