Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2020, 09:16 PM

Re: Tax the Wrinkles

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
By heck Pesta ... tell him how it is girl ... shall I nip around your house and fan you with a cold towel?
At a distance, of course.
Don't forget the damp sponge to soothe her fevered brow.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2020, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Don't forget the damp sponge to soothe her fevered brow.
No fever here thankfully
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2020, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Agree 100% Mags.

Do you ever listen to yourself Swimmy? Do you even listen to others?

You have huge pension(s) (as you keep telling us)

You take in lodgers earning yourself £7,500 a year tax-free (as you keep telling us)

You live in an ex Council house (as you keep telling us) which is usually in the lowest Council Tax Band, so that's not going to break the bank too much is it?

You use and complain endlessly about the NHS and how it's collapsing. I suspect you could comfortably afford private medical care - how much easier would that be for the NHS if all those with a pocket full of dosh went private.

Compared to most of us who just get by thank you very much, you are laughing all the way to the bank. Perhaps you should think a bit more about those who are less fortunate than yourself.

Very well put, Pesta.

Please may I come along with Morty?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 05:50 AM

Is there room for one more - and I'll bring more brandy.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 07:43 AM

Hi

Here we go.

Some facts for you.

I was born with nothing and worked my way up.

I have no inheritance from my Parents.

I could not even go to Uni when it was free, as the Eldest I had to earn money.

I went to Poly and financed UNI by clearing drains

Other peoples shit.

I also earned money by working in a Slaughterhouse, cleaning out Pig Guts.

I qualified and during the Cold War I was an NCB Officer.

I also dealt with others.

I was seriously injured in 1989, the IRA.

Life changing Injuries.

Told I would never work and walk again.

I did both after two years on Disability Benefits.

I worked my way up again, even though I could only work part time.

I later had another Injury, blast damage.

I had a massive heart attack, not expected to live.

The mother of my kids left me then.

She took halve my Pensions, including my Injury Pensions.

That was the Law at that time.

I then returned to work again and again worked my way up.

I was dealing with Muslims, they attacked my house.

I won, they lost.

I, amongst others, then had our pay cut by 20%, and so the final salary Pension.

May then sacked me and others.

I sold my big house to Finance my sons medical treatment when he lost his job due to his brain injury.

I had already paid off both my kids Student Loans.

Rather than spend the money on myself, I spent it on my kids and put the maximum allowed into Pensions so I could still fund them.

I will not be criticised for either defending you lot or looking after my kids.

That is what a Dad does.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 09:36 AM

But nobodies criticising you, well I am because of fishing, but what I see is objection to your belief that it is right that we should be put in the frame to be surtaxed just because our age in order to deal with the huge costs of COVID-19.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 10:24 AM

Based on your financial standing Swim I quite agree with you, and anyone in your position and above should be heavily taxed, but for all the people below your threshold should not, because they wouldn't be able to afford it, and it would only create poverty and subsequent ill health in the elderly. Thereby increasing the pressure on the NHS. Sort of defeats the object Swim....
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 10:36 AM

Some on here will probably be existing on the Basic State Pension which used to be around £155 a week, not a lot to live on at all. People who do only have this amount of pension manage by being thrifty and often going without. When the cost of just the ordinary things in life is taken into account, that along with the extortionate cost of Council Tax makes life far more difficult for some people and no way round it either.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
You think it should have just been allowed to rip through the population OGF?

As in ... the damage couldn't be any worse than the mess the NHS, the economy and the population are in now with this lockdown and gradual un-lockdown?
Not exactly Morty, but I do think the total lockdown was unnecessary when only the elderly and those with underlying medical issues should have been protected, and business and industry should have carried on as normal.

Contrary to popular belief [and the things the media are saying] the majority of young and middle aged people hardly know that they have had the virus. For most, this has/is not a death sentence, nor is it a guaranteed trip to hospital. Once you've had the virus, you will not catch it again and will not pass it on; If you could, then the human race would have died out a long time ago from previous viruses, the human body has an uncanny ability to adapt and survive.

As the virus passes through society it creates a sort of 'firebreak' and those who have recovered will prevent the virus from being passed on, after a certain point the virus will die out. Only care home staff that have been tested, or staff who have recovered should be allowed to care for the elderly. Testing everyone is unnecessary and should only be done for the caring profession.

Creating social distancing and longdown has just had the effect of prolonging the outbreak, and where it would have normally started to recede [in the summer months] we still find ourselves in the midst. Incidentally, London is one of the first places to see a reduction in infected people. This is because it ripped through early on and most people are now immune.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top