Join for free
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 06:05 PM

West Midlands Police officer accused of kicking boy now faces Taser inquiry

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ngham-52690082 (with video of the kicking)

A policeman who was suspended after allegedly using excessive force on two occasions in Birmingham is being investigated over a third complaint.

The officer's behaviour hit the headlines earlier in May, when footage emerged that appeared to show him striking and kicking a 15-year-old boy.

He was also accused of using excessive force when stopping a man on a bicycle.

Now West Midlands Police said it had seen phone footage showing a man being Tasered by the officer.

Of the third allegation, police said: "We have been made aware of a mobile phone video showing a member of the public being Tasered by the officer in Handsworth.

"Officers were dealing with the aftermath of a pursuit on 27 February when they spoke to the man.

"He was subsequently Tasered prior to arrest and released with a conditional caution.

The officer, whom police have declined to identify, was suspended earlier this month after the other two allegations came to light.

The incident involving the 15-year-old boy happened in Newtown on 21 April, while the complaint by the cyclist related to a stop made by police the day before in Aston.
I think he'll have a hard time pleading self-defence .....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 09:48 PM

Re: West Midlands Police officer accused of kicking boy now faces Taser inquiry

Sounds like he could do with some anger management classes, Omah.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 12:37 AM

This sounds like it's a good thing a good thing your regular cops don't carry guns. I only have experience with London Police and they generally seemed very professional. However, I was only there for six months in 1985 and a month in 2012. I behaved myself so maybe I have a false impression.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
This sounds like it's a good thing a good thing your regular cops don't carry guns. I only have experience with London Police and they generally seemed very professional. However, I was only there for six months in 1985 and a month in 2012. I behaved myself so maybe I have a false impression.
Some people who become police officers are just not suitable .
They are bullies and have found a niche where they can bully with impunity. but only on those who won’t retaliate .
You won’t find them entering a Travellers camp ( if at all ) and throwing their weight about because retribution would follow .
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Some people who become police officers are just not suitable .
They are bullies and have found a niche where they can bully with impunity. but only on those who won’t retaliate .
You won’t find them entering a Travellers camp ( if at all ) and throwing their weight about because retribution would follow .
Personal experience with one of those types confirms that is correct. There are some 'nasty pieces of work' in our police service, bullies and control-freaks they definitely are. I cannot comment further as this is ongoing and I would not like to jeopardise the outcome in any way, eventually though I will post this with the full details.
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 07:20 AM

I well remember sixty years ago,myself and 600 other boys in the school being assembled to see the punishment of a serial bully. He received six strokes of the cane by the Headmaster on his hand.
A few years later I saw him again...in a cops uniform.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top