Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 11:30 PM

Re: If you post a question asking for help...

I always try & reply to anyone who posts to me about anything, but I probably do miss their post sometimes.
I am very sorry to anyone who's post I have missed lately.
So to those whoever you are......

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	6d279b3e7e10741ea247d779e44876fa.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	12646  
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 12:05 AM

Thank you is important to me - both ways. So is please, with respect etc. In fact manners in general are very important to me. That includes on here of course. ON this site I have to say that most people have good manners. Not just through enforcement but because they just are well mannered people. And a small few have the manners of a wild charging boar. Good manners are seen by some people as some sort of weakness. Some kind of "loss of face". Something that they are giving away with no guarantee of getting anything in return. I think good manners are not just something you have because it's the right thing. I think it's also the smart thing to have them. People with good manners- viz, those who show others respect - usually have less enemies. And that can only be a good thing innit?
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 12:16 AM

Thanks for answering this question. I was hesitant to post about it as I didn’t want to come across as petty but I definitely think saying thank you to people is VERY important especially if you are the one seeking help. People aren’t obligated to help. They do so out of courtesy and selflessness which I think deserves at least a thank you, even if it’s on a forum. Oddly enough the other day I saw someone ask for help about something and after everyone posted helpful answers the person never thanked a soul. It’s not really any of my business but I wondered if thanking people online was passé or something so I’m happy to be proven wrong. Yayyyy. Courtesy hasn’t gone out of style.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 07:01 AM

Most people who do have good manners will probably have gained them at a very young age,
often I guess from parents like mine who more or less drummed them into me. Not that I have any complaints, I agree with what they said, which was "please and thank you costs nothing".
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 07:20 AM

I think it's important to say thank you it's just good manners. Like others here if I miss a post where I should have responded it's because I really did miss it...so just in case I will say it now...Thank you.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
..... and you get responses from others, do you say ‘thank you’ to those who took the time to offer help or not worry about it?
Just curious.
I try and thank everyone....but I ain’t perfect...so like LD...I may miss some members out.

Saying thank you...is very important to me...people who take the time to help you...should be thanked...it’s called manners.
But again I may miss some...
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
..... and you get responses from others, do you say ‘thank you’ to those who took the time to offer help or not worry about it?
Just curious.
If I ask a question in any of the forums where I am a member, I always end by typing "my thanks in advance for any advice/answers offered" and that way no responder has been left out.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 10:29 AM

I don't normally ask any questions because I know everything, but I'd like to thank everyone on the forum for just being my friend.....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I don't normally ask any questions because I know everything, but I'd like to thank everyone on the forum for just being my friend.....
I tend not to ask questions (except ones that no one knows the answers to), there has been the odd time I have asked a question in the DIY section, and Barry has answered it, just incase Thanks Baz.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 10:59 AM

Talking about saying Thank You, l did wince a bit when watching ‘Who Wants To Be A Millionaire’, last week.

Many of the contestants when Jeremy Clarkson asked them if they wanted to set their safety net at a certain amount, just said, No and didn’t say, Thank You.

Maybe, l’m too picky on manners but l think they are important.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top