Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 10:11 AM

Re: Can't see this working

Originally Posted by summer ->
That's so true Muddy. ...and during this lockdown are others like me just wearing jeans and comfy tops....I have wardrobes full of clothes I might never wear again
I'm with you summer. I seem to be washing and wearing a lot more of the same clothes since the lockdown,definitely clothes that are comfortable more than fashionable. Seems the only people who may be interested in what I am wearing are nosey neighbours looking through their upstairs windows.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 10:36 AM

You have to move clothes around to find your size or colour you like.
I've had to pick up food items in supermarkets to read ingredients as can't tolerate sweeteners.
If you go to a town to a shop to buy clothes it's often quite a long way from where you live. I think a lot of people won't bother taking clothes back that don't fit.
I'm not going to any town shops until virus has gone for at least a month.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
You have to move clothes around to find your size or colour you like.
I've had to pick up food items in supermarkets to read ingredients as can't tolerate sweeteners.

If you go to a town to a shop to buy clothes it's often quite a long way from where you live. I think a lot of people won't bother taking clothes back that don't fit.
I'm not going to any town shops until virus has gone for at least a month.

So true, Tess.
Of course you have to touch the clothes, if only to see if they have your size.
I too often look at food ingredients. I also look at cooking advice, storage details, and use by dates.

Bet these stupid rules were made by men who never have to do the shopping! Grrr. . .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 11:57 AM

I never, or at least very rarely buy stuff off the internet, mostly on principle, but also because I can't feel the material or try it on, and I can't be arsed sending stuff back. For every item I try on and buy, there have been several that failed the try on test, so it's just not practical. So I will walk around in the nude before I will buy anything that I can't try on....
To be honest, I think some of these rules are just nonsense.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2020, 02:17 PM

I can't see that working either & I have already been clothing shopping in Tesco & nothing there was said about not touching items, in fact I didn't even think about that & I picked items up, put them back too, as did my Son & he bought a tee shirt.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top