Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 11:51 AM

Do You Have Any Little Idiosyncrasies, You’d Like To Tell Us About?

Idiosyncrasy, is such a lovely sounding word that l find difficult to pronounce!!
Meaning.....‘A mode of behaviour or way of thought peculiar to an individual.’

For example "one of his little idiosyncrasies was always preferring to be in the car first.”

I think l have a few.
Do you have any little Idiosyncrasies you’d like to tell us about? Don’t be shy, we’re all friends on here!
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 12:04 PM

Re: Do You Have Any Little Idiosyncrasies, You’d Like To Tell Us About?

Idiosyncrasies, how that word takes me back! Whilst learning to touch-type, it was one of the words or phrases used to test your accuracy and I remember my fingers flying all over the typewriter.

Anyhow, turning to your question .....

I have to admit to being compelled to using the same colour of clothes pegs on items when putting clothes out to dry. I remember being late for work once because my son, unknown to me, had gone out and rearranged all the pegs, causing me to have to go out and re-peg the washing. The following day, I went out and purchased a packet of new pegs, all the same colour!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 12:19 PM

Idiosyncrasies, is that what's known as OCD nowadays?

I want to scream when I see a photo with a wonky horizon, seascapes are the worst and the easiest to fix. I don't mind if a pic is not hanging on the wall straight.

I want to scream when I see someone open a packet (crisps/peanuts/whatever) upside down.

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
Idiosyncrasies, how that word takes me back! Whilst learning to touch-type, it was one of the words or phrases used to test your accuracy and I remember my fingers flying all over the typewriter.

Anyhow, turning to your question .....

I have to admit to being compelled to using the same colour of clothes pegs on items when putting clothes out to dry. I remember being late for work once because my son, unknown to me, had gone out and rearranged all the pegs, causing me to have to go out and re-peg the washing. The following day, I went out and purchased a packet of new pegs, all the same colour!
LT, Ooh don’t tell me that as l’m bad enough when pegging washing on the line! Especially, the positioning of the pegs on the shoulders of items and trousers must be pegged on straight at the seams, not skew-whiff!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 01:14 PM

I'm the same with horizons d00d!

I can't think of many, but I probably have loads.
The only thing that I do like to do is pot up every single seedling that pops up in the greenhouse. I like to give them all a chance.
This has got me into serious trouble this year as I couldn't get compost for ages, ran out of pots and grew far more plants than ever before.
For some reason I have hundreds of foxgloves.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 01:45 PM

Where do I start
Ok a current issue, I hate it when I have mown the lawn and daisies spoil the 'tidiness' of the green sward so I go out with the scissors and snip the beggers off
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 01:50 PM

When making a single cup of tea or coffee I like to warm the mug first with boiling water and leave it heat up for exactly 30 seconds...
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 02:46 PM

I don't think I have any. I don't mind untidy, I never have the urge to straighten my pictures, I am not overly house proud, I have clutter everywhere.
Unless you count this.....I do always swill out the mugs with cold water before I make a cuppa, tea or coffee, but that is only because I don't trust the dish washer to rinse them properly.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 03:22 PM

Val got really ticked off with the peeps on Bargain Hunt saying they wanted to buy something that was "quirky" (she just doesn't like that word) so I looked up a synonym for her. "Idiosyncratic" came up as suitable - as you were.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 11:56 PM

It's pathetic and precious I know but when people are listing off a series of points and they start by saying.."Well.."A"..blah blah blah..THen they get so into what they're saying that they never get to "B" or any other letter denoting order of points. I always feel like yelling.."What happened to B!?"..And if I'm on my own I sometimes do.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top