Join for free
David P
South Oxfordshire
David P is male  David P has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 11:16 PM

Have you ever been pranked

Seeing Jane McDonald on a husky ride brought back memories of the time I was 'lucky' enough to have one.
During my previous employment in the engineering department of a local car manufacturer, part of my job was to report any faults found during pre-production car testing.
Hot climate tests in Australia and cold climate tests in Sweden.
As it was my first time in Sweden, the other engineers took me on a husky dog ride and a treat I could sit in the front seat. What I was not told was the dogs do not stop for a toilet break and 'yes' I was covered. The whole episode was filmed and sent back to my office in the UK, without my knowledge.
You can imagine what a reception I got upon my return.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 12:49 AM

Re: Have you ever been pranked

How embarrassing. And the hot climate tests?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 07:22 AM

I used to prank my kids all the time...I remember once my son who was about 7 or 8 at the time was being so slow in the mornings getting ready for school...on this particular morning I told him the school had burned down overnight and the headmaster had suggested all the kids take a potato for lunch that could be baked in the ashes....he didn't believe me at first but I played my part quite well and eventually he skipped off to school willingly.....complete with a potato in his pocket.

He still reminds me of it to this day....he is aged 40 now
...I still prank him but I don't get away with it as easily these days.
David P
South Oxfordshire
David P is male  David P has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2020, 11:50 AM

Keezoy
These usually took place in Australia and tests for fuels was in South America, where the quality was a bit spasmodic.
Australia tests were usually quiet occasions. But I do remember being asked to pick up a car from the desert area outside Sydney, where the car had stood for two days for what was known as a hot soak. My fellow engineers had kindly dismantled the aircon so I had a pretty hot drive back.
The pranks in South America usually consisted on spiking drinks because alcohol was so cheap. A couple of guys were told a certain local girl was asking about him and when he enquired with her, there was a confrontation with her family. We were all reminded of our responsibilities by the local consulate and company management.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by David P ->
Keezoy
These usually took place in Australia and tests for fuels was in South America, where the quality was a bit spasmodic.
Australia tests were usually quiet occasions. But I do remember being asked to pick up a car from the desert area outside Sydney, where the car had stood for two days for what was known as a hot soak. My fellow engineers had kindly dismantled the aircon so I had a pretty hot drive back.
The pranks in South America usually consisted on spiking drinks because alcohol was so cheap. A couple of guys were told a certain local girl was asking about him and when he enquired with her, there was a confrontation with her family. We were all reminded of our responsibilities by the local consulate and company management.

OK sounds like you got off lightly here then. No aircon in summer here not exactly hell but you can feel it from here. I have never lived in the outback but I have been there in summer. Luckily all but the most primitive places are airconditioned these days. You must have been a long way out to be in the desert in New South Wales. NOt like LA where you can be in the middle of the USA's 2nd largest mega city one hour and in the next few you really are in the desert. In Sydney it's not so much extreme heat but normal summer heat combined with humidity that is the killer. I drove a VW beetle across the Nullarbor from Perth to Sydney in summer in 1971. The engine kept stopping because it was so hot, the fuel was evaporating between the tank and the engine. Air cooled engine - air too hot.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top