Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 07:42 PM

Re: A rant by Besoeker

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Did you know that to use a motor(petrol) mower to cut grass verges in the UK you have to have past a "driving" test? it is included if you have a car licence , if not you have to take a test with "L" plates attached to the lawn mower

https://www.gov.uk/old-driving-licence-categories
see group "K"

group "K" is still on the latest ID type car licence
Did you know in NI you also have to have a full license to ride an electric bicycle?

Grass verges here are classed as private land if you own your own house.

Our property officially starts at the white line at the side of the road
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 09:57 PM

Why not submit a Freedom of information request.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Did you know in NI you also have to have a full license to ride an electric bicycle?

Grass verges here are classed as private land if you own your own house.

Our property officially starts at the white line at the side of the road
Sounds strange ... what happens if the pavements aren't kept in good repair and someone trips and hurts themselves or they slip if it's icy?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Why not submit a Freedom of information request.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I agree, dogs should always be on a lead anyway when out in public areas.
Some people should be on leads as well!
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Sounds strange ... what happens if the pavements aren't kept in good repair and someone trips and hurts themselves or they slip if it's icy?
It was only last year that we were told by the council we could clear the snow and ice from the pavements. Before that it was a no no in case someone slipped on the area you had cleared.

Walking around town in the winter you took your life in your hands as pavements weren't cleared

Out this far Morticia we don't have pavements. The townlands do and the council maintains them. We just have the verges
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
Havnt you trained your dog to come to your call .
Always carry a lead.
As soon as the mowers arrive
call your dog pop him on the lead and leave smartly.
I have, I do, and he does. All I have do is say "lead". But just rather know when they are due and simply avoid the situation.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I have, I do, and he does. All I have do is say "lead". But just rather know when they are due and simply avoid the situation.
How much do you think that would add to your council tax bill? If they inform you, they would be obliged to inform everyone else in the area.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2018, 12:34 PM

Just for the record this is what he does when we stop to chat to someone. He doesn't even need to be told to wait. He just does.

Why on earth would I need to constrain/restrain him on a lead in this public park?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

15-09-2018, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
How much do you think that would add to your council tax bill? If they inform you, they would be obliged to inform everyone else in the area.
Would they??

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top