Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2011, 07:06 PM

Re: Mollie's Poems

Oh you should try again Mollie,have you ever sent poems in to magazines, its just an idea, as the tesco thing goes .. Every little helps.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2011, 07:40 PM

Hi Annie

Thanks for reading them. I keep saying I'll try again, but something always seems to come along and I get side-tracked again.

I'll seriously think about giving it another go.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2011, 10:16 PM

Very enjoyable read Mollie, I do think you should try your hand at getting your work published, have you more poems? If so,you could possibly put together a book of poems? I think the style in which you write is brilliant
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2011, 10:27 PM

Thank you very much Kitty, for reading and replying.

Sadly, I can't afford to do Vanity Publishing and, if a publisher won't take my work onboard, I guess there's not much I can do about it, but yes, I do have a few more poems I'll be putting on soon.

I'm going to start putting my Crusty stories in here soon, so I hope you'll enjoy reading those as well.

I see you're in London, so it's good to know that people down south can understand them. That's definitely a positive for me! Thank you.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2011, 10:45 PM

Yes I did understand your style of writing, and it was very enjoyable to read, I will be sure to look out for your story and look forward to reading more of your poems
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

09-10-2011, 10:50 PM

Thanks again, Kitty. My Crusty stories start at Chapter 1, and each following chapter continues from the last but, as I say, I'll put more poems on first, then start on the stories.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2011, 10:55 PM

Mollie, I have enjoyed and laughed along at your poems. Just visualising those characters reminds me just a little of Roald Dahl's work. A book with a good illustrator would be very popular I'd hope. Even some older children love to be frightened and have the imagination to appreciate them. Well done, clever you and keep them coming.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2011, 11:02 PM

Mollie - I agree with maryl, 'twas if I was reading Roald Dahl's work.

You have an excellent imagination (if not whacky) but that's good, so does R.D. You should definitely endeavour to get these published. When you do, can I have a copy please?
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

09-10-2011, 11:02 PM

Maryl, I greatly appreciate your feed-back. I'm trying to establish if people in different parts of the country can understand the dialect and, although I haven't written it in true Wigan dialect because I've "softened" it a bit, it's good to know that it is understood, and most of all, enjoyed.

You may have picked up on what I've said about my Crusty stories (which I'll start putting on soon) and hope that you'll enjoy those as well. These I see as a TV sitcom (I wish), but I'll leave the readers to judge for themselves.

Will put another poem on tomorrow night, or maybe even a bit later.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

09-10-2011, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Berxer ->
Mollie - I agree with maryl, 'twas if I was reading Roald Dahl's work.

You have an excellent imagination (if not whacky) but that's good, so does R.D. You should definitely endeavour to get these published. When you do, can I have a copy please?

Thanks Carmen, I just posted over you lass, so sorry about that.

Right ladies, so you think it was like Roald Dahl's work? I've never read any of his, but that's a great compliment. The heck with it. I'll put another one in here now, and please always remember, that I never ever mean to offend.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top