Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2012, 06:38 PM

Re: Wimbledon 2012

Meg , I agree, but I think if the roof hadn't come on Andy would have taken it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2012, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by warleyron ->
Meg , I agree, but I think if the roof hadn't come on Andy would have taken it.
...do you think ? I am not so sure...
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2012, 06:47 PM

I didnt watch in case Andy Murray was his usual self but he has grown up since Lendle took over as manager. H e did well to reach the finals and next year he could do it.
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

08-07-2012, 06:52 PM

Fantastic match...............obviously I would have liked to see Andy Murray winning but he did the best he could and it just wasn't good enough in the end. Still, there's always next year....................
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2012, 06:59 PM

Andy put up a good fight but Federer showed us that he is still the best. That was one of the best games I've seen Murray play, he is a fighter and I feel sure his time will come soon.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2012, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Andy put up a good fight but Federer showed us that he is still the best. That was one of the best games I've seen Murray play, he is a fighter and I feel sure his time will come soon.
I agree Mags surely he will win at least one Grand Slam before his days are done. It amuses me that they are singing Lendl's praises and I'm sure he is a great coach for Andy but he actually never won Wimbledon although he was no 1 seed as he won everything else
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2012, 10:08 AM

I too wanted Murray to win and when he got the first set thought we were finally on our way to a winner. Never mind.
Murray has certainly come a long way since Lendle has been his coach, i find he does not complain about points that go against him and the grunting is not as prominent.
Really felt for him at the end when he was clearly upset at losing my heart really went out to him because such hope was put on him.
We did get a winner this year lets not forget Jonathan Marray in the mens doubles they were so surprised at winning and maybe because the pressure was not on him to win.
Things are looking up for us with tennis players.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top