Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 11:49 PM

Medication

Hi

Just taken 5 different medications to be taken at night.

Another 14 to be taken in the morning.

Life as you get older is not a bundle of fun.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 12:13 AM

Re: Medication

You'd think they would be now be able to stick it all into one big gobstopper and at least make it pleasant. I wonder whether anyone blends their meds into soup or porridge.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 12:52 AM

What? Why do many?
That should be illegal.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You'd think they would be now be able to stick it all into one big gobstopper and at least make it pleasant. I wonder whether anyone blends their meds into soup or porridge.

SF, be glad you've got them! My daughter relates, though. Still in her early 20s, she is taking 17 pills a day along with two infusions each month. She gripes (a little), while I thank my lucky stars that they are available to her!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
What? Why do many?
That should be illegal.
Hi

They keep me alive, I have an inoperable heart condition and injuries from when I was working.

The first injuries were over 30 years ago and so severe I was medically discharged as unable to walk or work again.

I went back to work and walked again.

There was a price to pay, which I am paying now, I do not however give in to anything or anyone, I am very independent.

I was given a walking frame to test my release from hospital recently.

Not going there.

I carried it along the hospital corridor, then up and down 3 flights of stairs and back to my bed,

Did it hurt?

Yep, but not showing them.

I wanted out and got it.

Life is what you make it.

I am not going to be a miserable old git who stays inside and does nothing.

I am going to make the most of every day and have a riot, enjoying life to the full.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 07:41 AM

Good for you Swimmy....life is for living x
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 08:01 AM

That does a sound a lot, Swimmy....the thing with medication is that many of them are taken to counteract effects from other meds. (Not saying this applies to you, Swimmy) but surely medication could be a bit easier to manage than that. Annie's gobstopper idea is good!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

04-05-2021, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
That does a sound a lot, Swimmy....the thing with medication is that many of them are taken to counteract effects from other meds. (Not saying this applies to you, Swimmy) but surely medication could be a bit easier to manage than that. Annie's gobstopper idea is good!
Hi

I have heart failure, so meds for that are timed.

Some of the meds are more effective taken at night, the statin, Ramipril and Bisoprolol.

Others need to be taken twice a day to provide 24 hour coverage.

I have PTSD, so are on medication for that.

I also have blast damage and shrapnel in my skull, which requires specific painkillers.

My medication is the minimum necessary, I am taking less than I was a month ago.

In addition to that lot, I also have a GTN Spray, which I have to use 10 to 16 times a day.

I am happy with things.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 08:32 AM

You do seem happier in general, Swimmy, what with your garden and your helper ladies, so yeah...I'm glad for you
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 08:58 AM

If only everyone had your positive attitude to life under such challenging circumstances swimmy. You put many people to shame with your determination and 'count my blessings' outlook. I have daily meds too, but only 3 in the morning and 1 at night, plus topical creams, so minimal compared to you. I will remind myself of you every time I feel like grumbling about it

They say old age never comes by itself. Never a truer word

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top