Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2012, 03:12 PM

Re: A huge dog

They are gentle aren't they Lynne considering their size. There's a huge one at the heavy horse rescue centre. One day we were the last ones in the car park at closing time and the owners let him out for a run. He bounded over to my little grandaughter who was only two at the time and she immediately handed him one of her crisps. She had to reach up to him! Big lollopy soft thing. I love dogs but was terrified at the time.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2012, 05:51 PM

Thanks everyone, it's been most enlightning. We have friends who keep Great Danes and there are also one or two Great Danes around our neighbourhood, but I have honestly never seen one so big as the one at the market, he really is one huge boy.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2012, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Lynne55 ->
There is Great Dane comes on our park sometimes. The girl has his niece as well.
The girl who owns them lives in a 1 bedroom flat along with about 24 rescue cats
Wow - bless her heart! Lucky animals to have been rescued by someone like her. Hope she manages all right.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2012, 08:31 PM

Loretta, he is one big, handsome boy

Often meet a Great Dane on one of my walks-he's called Marmaduke and he's a very gentle boy. My Hatti hides behind my legs when she sees him-don't think she's sure as to whether he is a dog or not
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2012, 11:26 PM

What lovely dogs these Harlequin Great Danes are. Had never heard of them before!
ClaireMarie
Ontario, Canada
ClaireMarie is female  ClaireMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2012, 02:53 AM

I was just chatting with a friend who currently has a 11 month old Great Dane male puppy who is weighing in at 155 lbs. . I asked her to send me a current picture and will share when she does.
Bridgefield
South uk
Bridgefield is female  Bridgefield has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2012, 06:57 AM

The biggest Dane I knew was 36" at the shoulder - he weighed in at 11 stone so I would think the 21 stone is a bit off the mark?
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2012, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
This dog was attracting a lot of attention at the market on Sunday. Actually there were two of them but this one was the biggest dog I have ever seen in my life. Everyone was stopping to look at him. He seemed extremely placid and the owner was quite happy for people to pet him. Unfortunately I was in a long queue waiting to be served otherwise I would have asked what kind of dog he was. The female was the same colouring but a little smaller. Anyone any idea what breed he is? I'm sorry the photo isn't better but it was a case of a quick phone shot.

Hey guess what! I saw one of these dogs a few days ago whilst driving through Carlisle. Have never seen one before and was really pleased that I've now seen one. He was very big
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2012, 07:27 AM

We have a freind, lives in Blackburn, that used to have a Great Dane/Irish Wolfhound cross. It stood 41inch high to the middle of its back and wieghted 238lbs.
I once asked him where he took it for walks in the middle of Blackburn, his reply was wherever it wants to go.

Great danes look strong and powerful but yet tend to be as soft as candy floss.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top