Join for free
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 11:06 AM

Conformity and Andrew Lloyd Webber

Thanks for your question Arty, and I will attempt at an answer.....

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Hi Foxy, l respect your stance on the vaccination ... but what do you think to Andrew Lloyd Webber calling those that don’t have the vaccination, as ‘selfish’ and likening them to drunk drivers?
Andrew is entitled to his opinion but the Main Stream Media have this habit of using high profile celebrities to ensure that everyone conforms, they even show them turning up at the vaccination centres and demonstrating how safe the vaccines are by having the jab themselves. You never see any high profile characters refusing to have the jab.

It would appear that the media in this country is as much controlled by the establishment as North Korea is, they just do it in a nicer way...
Even twitter and facebook are being strongly censored now, and any unpleasant question or facts are being treated with scorn or removed completely.

As for Andrew, I think it describes what type of person he really is when he has to publicly resort to discrimination, he might be describing someone who has a religion he disapproves of, or heaven forbid, a skin colour he disapproves of. In fact anyone who doesn't conform to his beliefs. As far as I know, you still have a choice whether you have the vaccine or not and intimidation will never work on me.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 11:10 AM

Re: Conformity and Andrew Lloyd Webber

Foxy, if anyone asks me for an opinion on if the vaccine is safe, I say, ask me again in four years or so.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Foxy, if anyone asks me for an opinion on if the vaccine is safe, I say, ask me again in four years or so.
That's my stance exactly spitty....
But will anyone link that mysterious illness they have further down the line, to those innocent jabs they had a few years back?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 11:18 AM

Hi

Of course there is personal choice.

It applies both ways however.

If you have chosen not to have the vaccine, then medical staff should have the choice not to treat you.

Companies should also have the choice not to offer you services which may be affected by your decision.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

19-05-2021, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

If you have chosen not to have the vaccine, then medical staff should have the choice not to treat you.

Companies should also have the choice not to offer you services which may be affected by your decision.
But that's not how it works Swim, and you know it. Medical staff have no right whatsoever to refuse you treatment. Doctors have taken an oath to treat everyone who needs treatment, it's not their job to decide who gets treatment and who doesn't.
And it would be illegal for a business to also discriminate on medical grounds, religious beliefs and sexual orientation, as has been demonstrated by punishments for refusing to serve gay people. The law is there to protect everyone.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Yet, that doesn’t sound fair to penalise someone for making their own choice.
I would never have had the Covid vaccination, as l have never had any other vaccinations since l was a child. Although, I have had a Tetanus injection.
I had the Covid vaccination because my daughter got Covid and it made me realise how bad this virus was.

They say, overweight people and smokers should not be treated for their ailments, yet they still get treated.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 11:51 AM

Robert De Niro, Cindy Crawford, Charlie Sheen and others HERE are anti vaxxers. I know, they are not Brits. There must be a few this side of the pond.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
That's my stance exactly spitty....
But will anyone link that mysterious illness they have further down the line, to those innocent jabs they had a few years back?
As children most of us would have had various injections that could have had a negative effect on our health.

Diphtheria, Tetanus, Polio and Whooping Cough.

Nobody should feel intimidated, whatever decision they make.

An understanding of how vaccines work might alleviate some concerns.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 12:00 PM

I was having a discussion with my stepson the other day (on skype, he lives in Australia). He's an antivaxxer, convinced the virus is a government conspiracy. What! There are a couple of hundred world leaders, all their deputies and opposition leaders making thousands, there's not one antivaxxer, not even a rogue third world dictator. Surely the reality of C19 is the one thing the whole world agrees on. And why?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 12:01 PM

Foxy knows I've had the vaccine, and the wife has had the virus. Twenty years ago I would have declined, but, for my own reasons, I have conformed.
The images of folks having a needle on the Tele saying easy peasy and celeb appearances had no part in my decision coz, as yet there are no assurances so, all an individual can do is weigh up the pros and cons, and try to make a balanced decision.

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top