Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 05:31 PM

New category and sections

Further to my previous announcement, asking whether you'd like to see a Money Saving Tips forum, and AutumnColour's suggestion of a 'Questions' section - we have created a new category to house two new sections

Moving Saving Tips - for all your money saving tips and questions
Questions - where there's no such thing as a stupid question

I hope you find these useful, I'm sure they will come in handy for many of us
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 05:35 PM

Re: New category and sections

Money-Saving Tips are good!

Dunno about everyone else but it's becoming an obsession with us to hunt down cheaper prices without the loss of quality - and it CAN be done, for all those doubters! stevmk2
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
Money-Saving Tips are good!

Dunno about everyone else but it's becoming an obsession with us to hunt down cheaper prices without the loss of quality - and it CAN be done, for all those doubters! stevmk2
I will look forward to seeing you share yours in the new section then Steve
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 06:50 PM

Awww, that's very nice of you Azz, I love seeing my name in lights!!

Great thing you've done. Thanks!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 07:52 PM

This should be interesting, thanks Azz.
Would you believe it I can't think of any questions when I need them., but they will come.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 07:54 PM

Thank you !
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2014, 12:55 AM

I too think money saving tips is a good idea however I don't see the need for a general questions thread when Google is there to answer them, imo it would just clutter up a thread or several if each question was asked in a new thread
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2014, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I too think money saving tips is a good idea however I don't see the need for a general questions thread when Google is there to answer them, imo it would just clutter up a thread or several if each question was asked in a new thread
Honey's right, why have to bother people to talk when you can go to a search engine which is most proficient.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2014, 04:21 AM

We all know you can find an answer to a question by using Google but the new Question section can also prove to be a learning section to others. By asking questions, as AutumnColour has done, it has brought up a subject that many of us may never have wondered about and proved to be interesting.

Each subject question needs to be in a separate thread with a title to briefly identify the question. Members can then then 'run' down the list of questions and just open the thread that interest them.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

17-05-2014, 09:18 AM

Agree with Mags

Also, Google is not always right, and often you have to trawl through pages of results to find an answer. Plus of course sometimes we'd rather get an answer from people we know and trust

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top