Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 10:56 AM

Would you want your kids to come back home ?

Adults who move back home after moving away are causing their parents stress and conflict, a study suggests.

Parents' whose adult children move back into the family home saw a decline in their quality of life and wellbeing, researchers at the London School of Economics and Political Science found.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-43321512

As much as you may love to see them. Would you welcome your adult children to come and live back at home ?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 11:03 AM

Re: Would you want your kids to come back home ?

Hi

The door is always open, they know that.

Would they want to come back?

No.

Would I want them back,no.

Free agents,their life.

They are both however aware that if they get in a mess dad will always be there for them,they will never, ever, be turned away.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 11:09 AM

we would like them to live a little nearer than Brazil
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 11:14 AM

I would like my youngest son to live closed than Australia .
Yes I would hav ehim home in a heart beat .
( but would need an annex)
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by SamTheMan ->
Adults who move back home after moving away are causing their parents stress and conflict, a study suggests.

Parents' whose adult children move back into the family home saw a decline in their quality of life and wellbeing, researchers at the London School of Economics and Political Science found.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-43321512

As much as you may love to see them. Would you welcome your adult children to come and live back at home ?

Our children would be welcome, if they needed to come home for any reason. It seems unlikely that they would do so, our girls left home when they went to university at 18 and then got on with their own lives, with which they appear to be very content.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 11:46 AM

No thanks. A visit and phonecall is fine. Of course I wouldn't see him out on the streets but my husband and I love our peace since he moved out lol
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 11:52 AM

Mine never left.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 12:02 PM

No... I mean no... did I make that clear... NO

I would have my grandkids though
Yolande
London, UK
Yolande is female  Yolande has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 12:14 PM

I've still got some at home, it's not a problem just a continuation of how it's always been.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2018, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
No... I mean no... did I make that clear... NO

I would have my grandkids though
Hi

Brilliant post Summer.

I have no Grandkids of my own, I do have Pretendies,they call me Grandad and light up my life.

Jacob, the Autistic one,is over the Moon with his waterproof watch,all he wants to do is have a shower or go swimming with it.

Nadi is not allowed to do Football indoors,she is at mine,we have indoor goalposts.

I spoil them rotten,crisps and Red Coke,not allowed at home.

We make our own Burgers

Nadi can put make up on,Jacob can drive my car.

Great Fun, we all enjoy it.

That is what Granddads are for.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top