Join for free
Page 11 of 33 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 01:30 PM

Re: Trump - The Long Goodbye

Just another day in the OFF Paradise....gimme a hug..no don't ..aye do..oh it's all so confusing ...is this the long goodbye for some Folks?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Twink, To be fair to Zaphod, l am of the same opinion about people taking it upon themselves to give me their random hugs when l haven’t requested them. Is it any wonder viruses become pandemic and germs are spread.

I posted, similar to what Zaphod said in another thread and l got slaughtered for it.

We all have different opinions, it would be a funny old world if we were all nodding donkeys...

I give up, I really do.
Another one taking what I said out of all context.
Not only am I now considered some sort of weirdo if I hug a friend, I am also contributing to the Pandemic!
Unbelievable.
What miserable, twisted souls you meet on here.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Just another day in the OFF Paradise....gimme a hug..no don't ..aye do..oh it's all so confusing ...is this the long goodbye for some Folks?

For heaven's sake don't come near me incase I leap out and hug you May.
Someone trying to earn a buck or two might photograph me and get me arrested, or I might give you the dreaded virus.
Better I just wave to you from afar.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Fir heaven's sake don't let me near you incase I leap out and hug you May.
Someone trying to earn a buck or two might photograph me and get me arrested, or I might give you the dreaded virus.
Better I just wave to you from afar.
Right back at You Kiddo
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

12-11-2020, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I'm not bothered if you've been here for 5 days or 5 years, everyone's entitled to post an opinion .... nor am I getting into trading a game of ping pong with you.
If you didn't like the reply I gave you ... and clearly you did not, you shouldn't dish it out in the first place.

And be fair ...
'why do you like that of Mups where I am clearly attacked myself with the original "I think those pictures don't look anywhere near as evil as some are delighted to make it out to be.

How on earth do you figure that to be a personal attack on you? You need to grow a thicker skin but by all means voice your opinions ... it's what keeps the place alive. We used to have some right interesting discussions on here. Not so much now. Some got too nasty and some just ended up one sided agreements with no diversity.

As to what created the fuss .... some people hug some people don't like to hug ... some (obviously) find it creepy, others see it, more often than not, as an innocent gesture of human contact, of friendship, or comfort.
It'll be a sad day when no one can because it's seen as sleazy .. because, also sadly, sometimes it is. As to Biden. No idea. But the mud seems to have stuck.

There .. I've covered various viewpoints there. Now I'm off to dunk some ginger nuts.

Thank God you know what I mean and doesn't think I am a perv!
Thank you Mort.
Luvs ya. (Oh dear- I've done it again).
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

12-11-2020, 01:48 PM

Thanks to all those who understood, much appreciated. x

I am proud I haven't got the sort of mind as those who see a touch of reassurance or affection as sick and pervy and should be an arrestable offence.
The way some people think turns my stomach.

I'm out of this thoroughly nasty thread now.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 02:08 PM

I have witnessed hugging and kissing at work. I've given and accepted hugs. It's usually if someone is leaving or their birthday if you are close friends. It's not pervy.

It is a bit invasive to reach and touch a woman (or man) from behind on both shoulders. One shoulder is acceptable and this happens in meetings.

Back in the 80s/90s it was definitely considered normal for men to touch women eg the back of the waist when guiding a woman through a door, or an arm touch. I even had a guy tickle my neck from behind when at my desk and say hello darling. At college guys would pinch your bum. Times have changed but some men behave the same as then.

Trump took Teresa Mays hand when they met. The UK found that a bit shocking at the time. Differences in culture and behaviour abound. The US has a more paternalistic chauvinistic culture than we do these days.

What is interesting is that when Trump was asked to comment on Biden's sexual assault allegation he said it could be a false accusation. Compared it with his own experiences.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 02:11 PM

It's important to show affection. Sad that people think otherwise, seeing something sinister in an innocent gesture.

The Beckhams got slated after a photograph was shown of David kissing his daughter on the lips.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
It's important to show affection.
Like any emotion - but not on this forum unless you're part of the right clique.

Attitudes to emotional displays change with the times just like other things in modern society such as language.
Some of what was acceptable even a short time ago is no longer deemed so.

Sadly it can be sexist too as your later Beckham example shows; generally a male has to be extremely careful nowadays demonstrating many emotions towards females and age plays a part in the interpretation of what is acceptable too.

I happen to agree that it has reached a very sad state of affairs when you have to think (at least) twice before showing emotion such as hugging.
From a male perspective IMHO we have to be doubly aware of potential pitfalls and I think that often females might not understand how much difference there is.
Perhaps that is why those so vehemently against my post just happen also to be female?

Interesting data coming from these elections where counting is still taking place.

Arizona (already much of the media have called it a Biden win) has seen Biden's lead narrow from just under 15k on Monday to just over 12k at the latest count with around 46k votes still to count.
Georgia has started a hand recount because the result was so close.
And there are a few more where the vote is very, very close - as in under 1%, like Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

Will it make any difference to the outcome?
We have to wait and see.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 02:42 PM

Blimey! This hug/no hug lark is even more boring than the election.

I'm more than happy to receive a hug from Mups and anyone else on here, plus if anyone wants a double entendre, I'm happy to give them one.

Page 11 of 33 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top