Join for free
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 10:42 AM

Macrame

Have any of you had a go at this?

One of my neighbours was sorting things out for the Charity collectors and came across an unboxed kit she has had lurking in her in wardrobe since 1979!! She thought I might like to give it a try.

Just looked at the instructions (the stuff nightmares are made from) and realised I will have to learn a whole new language - the language of knots!

Larks heads,
Half hitches
Whips
Double flats
Accumulating double half hitches

I need a cup, or three, of strong tea!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 10:48 AM

Re: Macrame

If it's brand new and still in the box then leave it! Get it to an auction where an avid collector of such things will likely pay a pretty penny for such a rare item.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 11:00 AM

But my fingers are itching, Barry!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
But my fingers are itching, Barry!
Then bite you nails until it wears off..
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 03:28 PM

Larks heads,
Half hitches
Whips
Double flats
Accumulating double half hitches

Are you sure it's a Macrame kit? Do the instructions mention anything about putting car keys in a fruit bowl?

Do you have a Hogwarts Time Turner? I can't see how else you could find time to learn new skills and take on yet more projects on top of the ones you already have.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 08:11 PM

Get knotting, Tabby! I can't do anything fancy, just a basic net type thing for hanging a plant basket, but have a go, its fun
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 09:41 PM

I would definitely be up for having a go Tabby! Funnily enough I was looking at simple pictorial beginners instructions in a magazine on Readly the other day. Course, I can't remember which magazine it was, so that's no help. But I did think I might like to try it sometime. Just because.
Jaded
South yorkshire
Jaded is male  Jaded has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 10:42 PM

Absolutely have a go!! You can’t leave this stone unturned ( or at least I couldn’t lol)

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top