Join for free
Page 11 of 53 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 12:39 PM

Re: Prince Phillip

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Why ?

Sorry AD did t see your post .

I dont like to see the words hate thrown around when people have an opposing opinion .
He has already admitted to having hate towards some people, this is another time when imo,I see hateful words..towards a person, only this time it’s a member of the Royal Family..instead of Muslims.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 12:44 PM

They are not hateful as far as I can see .
There are the truth Prince Phillip has had a long wonderful life funded by the British taxpayer .
He has not done anything spectacular or uplifting .
He has traveled for the last 70 plus years on the royal gravy train and has sired four children who have enjoyed the same .
I can’t think of anything he has done to inspire respect -like what ?

The ‘job’ might have been tedious at times walking two steps behind and talking to the plebs but the perks are spectacular.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 12:51 PM

They are not hateful as far as I can see .
There are the truth Prince Phillip has had a long wonderful life funded by the British taxpayer .
He has not done anything spectacular or uplifting .
He has traveled for the last 70 plus years on the royal gravy train and has sired four children who have enjoyed the same .

The ‘job’ might have been tedious at times walking two steps behind and talking to the plebs but the perks are spectacular.

That is only your opinion/ truth ,and quite a few others I see, which is the polar opposite to mine.

Therefore both valid, to the individual posters.

Prince Philip and the Queen are “ heroes” in the roles they have played, like everyone else they have made mistakes, but to serve a country like they have,....I could never have done it....the Queen was born into her role...so had lots of training....an amazing woman, who has served her country with honour and respect!.....gave her life to this country.....May God Bless You, your Majesty and Prince Philip.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 12:51 PM

What about his war service Muddy?

After leaving Gordonstoun in early 1939, Philip completed a term as a cadet at the Royal Naval College, Dartmouth, then repatriated to Greece, living with his mother in Athens for a month in mid-1939. At the behest of the Greek king, George II, he returned to Britain in September to resume training for the Royal Navy.[19] He graduated from Dartmouth the next year as the best cadet in his course.[20] During the Second World War, he continued to serve in the British forces,

He served in the British Forces all the way through the war.
You consider that nothing?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 01:00 PM

After reading this thread, I personally think it is disgraceful how Prince Phillip, 99 and in hospital, is being slandered by over 50’s on the forum. You may not agree with a person’s way of life, the life they were born into, but to make nasty remarks about someone you don’t even know and who is unwell is uncalled for.

No wonder there is so much aggro in the country today, where has all the respect gone?
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 01:04 PM

No wonder there is so much aggro in the country today, where has all the respect gone?

Whilst I agree with the first part of your post, Mags, respect has to be gained.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 01:16 PM

This is the opening post to this thread....

Has been admitted to hospital .
Dodgy when you are 99 even though I am not a royalist I sort of hope the old guy will make it to 100.
..... not about running him into the ground. If you had a relative or friend of that age and unwell, how would you feel about reading hateful remarks about them when they are near to the end of their life?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
He has already admitted to having hate towards some people, this is another time when imo,I see hateful words..towards a person, only this time it’s a member of the Royal Family..instead of Muslims.
Pauline, dear heart, my hatred is NOT against mohammadans per se, it's against ISLAM.

In the case of Phillip the Greek it's quite --- interesting --- how his feelings towards a 13 year old girl when he was so much older (shades of Andrew?) and his well known --- activities --- especially in the flesh pots of London. Well known amongst taxi drivers but subject to a "D" notice, or how he was sent on a tour for months when his indiscretions became a bit too indiscrete. Just check it out.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
This is the opening post to this thread....

..... not about running him into the ground. If you had a relative or friend of that age and unwell, how would you feel about reading hateful remarks about them when they are near to the end of their life?
With my, or rather our family many would probably be justified.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

19-02-2021, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
What about his war service Muddy?

After leaving Gordonstoun in early 1939, Philip completed a term as a cadet at the Royal Naval College, Dartmouth, then repatriated to Greece, living with his mother in Athens for a month in mid-1939. At the behest of the Greek king, George II, he returned to Britain in September to resume training for the Royal Navy.[19] He graduated from Dartmouth the next year as the best cadet in his course.[20] During the Second World War, he continued to serve in the British forces,

He served in the British Forces all the way through the war.
You consider that nothing?
Did you look into just what he did? I did. Not much unlike other CLOSE relations who fought in WW2. FOUGHT ON THE SIDE OF THE GERMANS.

Page 11 of 53 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top