Join for free
Page 14 of 46 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 02:18 PM

Re: Sarah Everard

Nope it was victim blaming .
Perhaps you don’t realise you are doing it?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Suedonim ->
Ah, so it was her own fault she was murdered, because she crossed a park on her own?
Not what was meant, some may have gone out of their way to avoid crossing a park and kept to the road.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Animals are absolutely NOT civilised. The very nature of animal behaviour is the antithesis of civilisation, it is the innate behaviour of the things.

As for blood sports INCLUDING so-called sport fishing are NOT civilised. They are elements of brutality that polute true civilisation.
Ours is a human perspective and yours is one opinion on the matter. Animals will have a totally different opinion about our behaviour and assumed civility. Luring them into a false sense of safety then slaughtering them. It's little wonder wild things run from us. Blood sports are part of our civilisation (s). Pretending that one set of humans you don't like is not part of the human race is delusional.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Not at all. It is objectively discussing the situation. Walking around at night alone during lockdown is a risk for anyone. Male, female etc. Would you for example see the situation in the same way if this had been a child walking around Clapham common at 9pm during lockdown? If not why not?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 02:40 PM

Hi

A different view.

We cannot protect everyone, the world is not organised that way.

There is always danger to all of us.

I am an ugly, nasty looking individual who is dangerous, I am not a person who looks like a victim.

I have still been attacked.

I am not a very attractive blonde female walking round with ear pods in.

In an ideal World, she should have been able to walk home listening to the music of her choice with no problems at all.

We do not live in an Ideal World.

The World is a dangerous place, especially for attractive females.

A sad fact, but true.

Having said all that, there are places I get worried about walking on my own at night.

My daughter believes that all are equal and telling her not to walk alone at night, even in very dangerous areas and with Dad saying that no matter where she is ,he will pay for a Taxi, is like a red flag to a bull.

She will just do it.

I admire her stupidity.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 02:43 PM

But would you be able to get it out of your back pack ?
Attacks are violent and unexpected .
I take it out of the backpack and put it in my pocket if I am out at night.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 02:48 PM

So pointing out the dangers of rather foolish risktaking behaviour means I’m victim blaming?
Would you say that were I a police officer?
I can of course go further and question what she was doing out visiting a friend during lockdown ?
Which perhaps is what this off duty policeman pulled over and asked her, inviting her into his car to take her home ?
Once again I’m not victim blaming but if this was the case she would have been taking yet another risk, in my opinion.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I take it out of the backpack and put it in my pocket if I am out at night.
My aunt carried a knife while The Yorkshire Ripper was at large . Not that she’d have been able to use it because he attacked from behind .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

13-03-2021, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
So pointing out the dangers of rather foolish risktaking behaviour means I’m victim blaming?
Would you say that were I a police officer?
I can of course go further and question what she was doing out visiting a friend during lockdown ?
Which perhaps is what this off duty policeman pulled over and asked her, inviting her into his car to take her home ?
Once again I’m not victim blaming but if this was the case she would have been taking yet another risk, in my opinion.
I wondered why she was visiting a friend, going into their house. Seems it's a common occurrence in that area. The trouble is it could have drawn the attention of this off duty cop. They have a reason to be able to watch people's day to day activities. Stalker's paradise.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 02:55 PM

This poor young girl is lying dead in a mortuary, a beloved daughter/ sister....may you rest in peace, and may your killer be brought to justice...my prayers and thoughts are very much with the family.....may you be given all the support you need, at such a traumatic time.

Page 14 of 46 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top