Join for free
Page 3 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 01:29 PM

Re: Conformity and Andrew Lloyd Webber

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Just to add my tuppence worth in...I noticed that the Pfizer vaccine can now be stored up to a month in a fridge after being thawed. Its curious as to how they are just discovering it now....I know it was a rush job to get them manufactured and out, but...still.
Probably a case of belt and braces in order to offer the safest product possible and avoid ANY risk.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You haven't visited out local hospital A+E on a Saturday night have you Swimmy...?

Where is you proof that an unvaccinated person poses a risk to a vaccinated one? The other way round more like! Don't tell me that you fell for the MSM explanation Swim...
They are not allowed to say any different are they?
The next thing they will report is that you will live to be a hundred if you have the jab every six months....
Hi

I will not be living to be a 100 no matter what vaccines they have.

I do intend to be having a blast however for as long as possible.

I need to get a move on, as my Health Insurance runs out in December, so long haul will not be possible after that.

Loads of nearer adventures to have however.

We are both intelligent and articulate Foxy, we have just come to different conclusions.

One of us will be right, I do not claim it will be me, I have a history of getting things wrong.

I am not here to insult you, just to state my honest beliefs.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Probably a case of belt and braces in order to offer the safest product possible and avoid ANY risk.
Yes, you could be right, Todger - best to err on the side of caution when it first came out. I am no scientist, but to say the efficacy of this vaccine is as strong after a month, when you start to lose the immunity after a few months,(considering the body produces the antibodies) does baffle me a bit though.
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

19-05-2021, 01:44 PM

In NOrth Korea for example and probably China too vaccinations will be compulsory - democractic countries take pride in saying "we do not force people to do certain things" but at other times yes - so observing traffic lights; wearing seat belts ; using face masks ; observing spacing - all compulsory ?? in an democracy ?? - fine by me - there may come a time when vaccination will be compulsory in democracies but they are simple holding out for NOT which affords foxy his right to NOT. It is probably also based on the treatise that below a certain population figure of NON acceptors the rest will have herd immunity and will be fine - the NON acceptors may still get the virus and die - be democratically that is their choice too?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 02:16 PM

They said that about thalidomide and the ebola vaccine Cinders (I think it was ebola) where millions of pounds worth of claims for brain damage has just been awarded.
May I remind you, that no such awards will be awarded from damage caused by the Covid vaccines because it is still classed as in it's 'experimental stages' and the companies involved have all signed documents excluding them from any future claims made against them.
I am of the opinion that individuals back themselves regardless of any 'expert' advice. Not critical or judgemental about those who are against vaccination in general or just Covid. Paranoia does seem to be outpacing the danger which I blame mainly on media exaggerations at the start of the pandemic.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by bret ->
In NOrth Korea for example and probably China too vaccinations will be compulsory - democractic countries take pride in saying "we do not force people to do certain things" but at other times yes - so observing traffic lights; wearing seat belts ; using face masks ; observing spacing - all compulsory ?? in an democracy ?? - fine by me - there may come a time when vaccination will be compulsory in democracies but they are simple holding out for NOT which affords foxy his right to NOT. It is probably also based on the treatise that below a certain population figure of NON acceptors the rest will have herd immunity and will be fine - the NON acceptors may still get the virus and die - be democratically that is their choice too?
After pawing through several documents referring to healthcare in North Vietnam (written mainly by western media) I can find no mention of the covid vaccine being compulsory there bret, in fact North Vietnam have a vigorous immunisation programme started in children at the age of one, which is recommended but not compulsory. They prevent their citizens from exposure to unregulated internet and western media, no bad thing in my opinion....

The comparison between observing traffic lights, wearing seat belts, facemasks and spacing to having an unknown substance injected into your system is quite frankly just plain silly. But I think you knew that already....

What I also find silly, are people who compare the covid vaccine to well used, tried and tested vaccines we all have had over the years. And would still have if they were required to travel to foreign parts etc.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I will not be living to be a 100 no matter what vaccines they have.

I do intend to be having a blast however for as long as possible.

I need to get a move on, as my Health Insurance runs out in December, so long haul will not be possible after that.

Loads of nearer adventures to have however.

We are both intelligent and articulate Foxy, we have just come to different conclusions.

One of us will be right, I do not claim it will be me, I have a history of getting things wrong.

I am not here to insult you, just to state my honest beliefs.
Absolutely no insult taken Swim, and I appreciate your input to this discussion...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

19-05-2021, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
I am of the opinion that individuals back themselves regardless of any 'expert' advice. Not critical or judgemental about those who are against vaccination in general or just Covid. Paranoia does seem to be outpacing the danger which I blame mainly on media exaggerations at the start of the pandemic.
Nicely put Cinders
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 02:50 PM

What I also find silly, are people who compare the covid vaccine to well used, tried and tested vaccines we all have had over the years. And would still have if they were required to travel to foreign parts etc.
We trust those vaccines now but do we know how well tested were they at the time of release? People back then might have had to take their chances so that people like us, years on, could trust and use them.

Everything is untried at one time or another.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 02:55 PM

I agree this vaccine should not be compared to our childhood vaccines - half of which I never had by the way.

As has already been said, those old vaccines have been tried and tested for many years, quite unlike the Covid ones. I read somewhere that vaccines need to be trialled for 2 full years to get all the information on them.

I also do not like the frequency of them. Having two close together will not be the end of it either, in my opinion.
I have already heard talks about 'tweaking' it for the newer variants, but no way would I fancy having THREE doses in quick succession.

As the flu changes each year, they tweak the vaccine, but we still only have the one dose per year.

Do we even know how long the Covid vaccine protects us for yet?
Is two or three doses each, likely to be the norm every year from now on, or will they perhaps get it down to one massive dose instead?

No matter how good or bad this vaccine is, it has still not been in use long enough to know the long term effects nor long term protection it gives.

Page 3 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top