Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 10:28 AM

Re: Serena Williams

Completely ruined what should have been a memorable moment for her opponent. It was sad that the young Japanese player Naomi Osaka, was reduced to tears by the woman she idolizes. Serena Williams went too far, a hollow apology is the least she should give to the poor girl.

Disgraceful.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Completely ruined what should have been a memorable moment for her opponent. It was sad that the young Japanese player Naomi Osaka, was reduced to tears by the woman she idolizes. Serena Williams went too far, a hollow apology is the least she should give to the poor girl.

Disgraceful.
I agree, Cinderella. She is turning into a total spoilt brat and not doing her career any favours at all. Why does she keep dragging up the fact that she is married and a mother? What does that have to do with anything?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 11:17 AM

Anyone would think no one had had a baby before much less someone who probaby has a full time nanny and the rest .
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->

Disgraceful.

You just know she will have smashing a racket ,tantrums, arguments and outlandish sports wear all covered by the 'post baby blues'.

I so hope that Naomi Osaka now knows that idols often have feet of clay
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 02:28 PM

Entirely agree with this article.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/te...-punished.html

Obviously stressed, maybe sponsorship and other family matters are tipping her over the edge, recently the man who murdered her sister was released on parole. High expectations to win a record-equalling 24th Grand Slam singles title is taking it's toll.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 02:33 PM

I admired Naomi Osaka when she was asked this morning how she felt about all the fuss. She smiled and replied that all she felt was tired!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

10-09-2018, 02:52 PM

Hope next grand slam win will be soon. A chance to show how good a player she is.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 10:37 PM

I see the WTA has now backed Williams and agrees that the umpire's actions were sexist.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

10-09-2018, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I see the WTA has now backed Williams and agrees that the umpire's actions were sexist.
That is just plain stupid!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 11:22 PM

I don't know much about modern tennis, but there does seem to be a division of opinion about the incident.

To the ITF (based in London), the umpire was perfectly justified in his decisions. IMO, Williams is full of her own self-importance and driving ambition - her behaviour in a sports final was appalling.

To the WTF (based in Florida), Williams was treated unfairly by the umpire and deprived of due respect and reward. Williams was only standing up for her rights.

AFAIK, the ATP have been quiet on the matter, although a couple of top players have indicated that they felt that Williams was out of order.

Williams is proclaiming that she reacted to the umpire's decisions in defence of her "sisters" ..... "I'm going to continue to fight for women and to fight for us to have equality."

With the ongoing "Me,Too" movement still popular in the USA, Williams' attitude has, no doubt, generated massive support for herself .....

Personally, I hope her performance goes downhill from now on and that Naomi Osaka becomes a new "influencer" in tennis .....

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top