Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 11:48 AM

Re: Do you feel/look your age?

I don't think I act my age; I can still do some juvenile cock ups. More to do with mental inadequacy than any sense of youthfulness. My face whilst not exactly marble like, is not a bag of marbles either so does not show the ravages of time that it could do. All in all, I would say i'm not doing too bad for your average 72 year old. A bit wrinkled and more crackly but fine.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 12:09 PM

I am not old in my mind. It's only when I look in the mirror that I am.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 12:12 PM

Most people seem genuinely surprised when I tell them my age, but they might just be polite, the same way that I always knock a few years off when people ask me how old I think they are....Especially women....

My face is well lived in, and when I look in the mirror I'm beginning to see my Dad looking back at me. I think my body is in good shape, possibly that of someone much younger and at sixty eight it still manages to run about 25 miles round the neighbourhood each week, but recovery is not what it used to be, and I think all the running [in mammoth proportions] I used to do has taken a heavy toll on my heart. It's my weak link....
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Ever been to Skegness? Mobility scooters are everywhere!
What's more, the riders are not disabled they're just extremely fat and can't be assed to walk anywhere.
It's all those fish and chips and bingo games
That’s an unpleasant thing to say Floydy . You have no idea whether they’re disabled or not .
Many illnesses require medication that piles weight on unfortunately and leave people without the ability to exercise so of course they put weight on .
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 02:16 PM

I don't know, many people think I am my son's sister if that helps.
I suppose I am childish often too.
Age is just a number anyway.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 02:17 PM

Will readily admit I'm an ancient decrepit crinkly !!!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Will readily admit I'm an ancient decrepit crinkly !!!
But I like you. X
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
But I like you. X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCCG2Z9LoVk
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 04:25 PM

It's difficult to judge ourselves isn't it. In my mind I am still in my mid twenties, I don't have any wrinkle yet but like you Floydy, my memory is not what it used to be despite doing quizzes and crosswords daily.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It's difficult to judge ourselves isn't it. In my mind I am still in my mid twenties, I don't have any wrinkle yet but like you Floydy, my memory is not what it used to be despite doing quizzes and crosswords daily.

I agree with you dongles.
I probably look better than some, and worse than others, so how can we judge?
We can't tell how others see us anyway.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top