Join for free
Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby's Avatar
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
Silver Tabby is offline
England
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 15,945
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
20-05-2019, 05:58 AM
1

Stock taking!

Tongue out in anticipation - let's check - Brand? OK. Flavour? OK. Amount? Will do for now, but what is Willow going to eat?

Reply With Quote
Lion Queen
Senior Member
Lion Queen is offline
UK
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 4,783
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
20-05-2019, 08:23 PM
2

Re: Stock taking!

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Tongue out in anticipation - let's check - Brand? OK. Flavour? OK. Amount? Will do for now, but what is Willow going to eat?

Go on then, tell us, which did Willow eat, decisions decisions
Reply With Quote
Silver Tabby's Avatar
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
Silver Tabby is offline
England
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 15,945
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
20-05-2019, 11:49 PM
3

Re: Stock taking!

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Go on then, tell us, which did Willow eat, decisions decisions
That was Nemo - trying to claim the lot, LQ! I don't believe he is a cat - I think he is a pig in a fur coat!
Reply With Quote
summer's Avatar
summer
Chatterbox
summer is offline
yorkshire
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 6,513
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
21-05-2019, 03:41 AM
4

Re: Stock taking!

I would be scared to get in so much stock Tabs mine would decide half way through the first box....nope not eating it

Nemo is very cute by the way
Reply With Quote
Silver Tabby's Avatar
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
Silver Tabby is offline
England
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 15,945
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
21-05-2019, 05:21 AM
5

Re: Stock taking!

Originally Posted by summer ->
I would be scared to get in so much stock Tabs mine would decide half way through the first box....nope not eating it
I am lucky in that respect, Summer, Whiskas and Felix fishy varieties are the only ones they will eat. Have tried others just to give them a change but, no, has to be Whiskas or Felix, and has to be in jelly

Dried cat food is a different matter - they change their furry little minds daily about that !

Nemo is very cute by the way
Hmm ... looks angelic - acts like a whirling dervish!
Reply With Quote
Twink55's Avatar
Twink55
Chatterbox
Twink55 is offline
Cheshire, England
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 14,568
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
21-05-2019, 07:01 AM
6

Re: Stock taking!

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I am lucky in that respect, Summer, Whiskas and Felix fishy varieties are the only ones they will eat. Have tried others just to give them a change but, no, has to be Whiskas or Felix, and has to be in jelly

Dried cat food is a different matter - they change their furry little minds daily about that !



Hmm ... looks angelic - acts like a whirling dervish!
Perhaps he thinks that the thing on your toe may prevent you going out and buying more.
Reply With Quote
Longdogs's Avatar
Longdogs
Chatterbox
Longdogs is offline
England
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 29,848
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
21-05-2019, 01:58 PM
7

Re: Stock taking!

Originally Posted by summer ->
I would be scared to get in so much stock Tabs mine would decide half way through the first box....nope not eating it

Nemo is very cute by the way
We have been caught out like that before.

I also think the manufacturers change the recipes without telling us and sometimes the cats simply refuse to eat it. One thing I do know is that the packs of Felix have got a lot smaller. One sachet would feed two cats and leave some over, whereas now they just about feed them enough.


Btw, great pic of Nemo licking his lips.
Reply With Quote
Silver Tabby's Avatar
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
Silver Tabby is offline
England
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 15,945
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
21-05-2019, 02:57 PM
8

Re: Stock taking!

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
We have been caught out like that before.

I also think the manufacturers change the recipes without telling us and sometimes the cats simply refuse to eat it. One thing I do know is that the packs of Felix have got a lot smaller. One sachet would feed two cats and leave some over, whereas now they just about feed them enough.


Btw, great pic of Nemo licking his lips.
When looking at 'special offers' I always check the pouch sizes, Dongles. Some makes are sneaky and reduce the weight to 80grms per pouch instead of the usual 100grms. They have to declare the weight somewhere on the box - but rely on people being so carried away by the reduction in price that they do not check.

Also some makes have started putting in more gravy/jelly than meat.

Whiskas seem OK at the moment. Those three boxes - each of 40 x 100grm pouches - cost me just 20.
Reply With Quote
Longdogs's Avatar
Longdogs
Chatterbox
Longdogs is offline
England
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 29,848
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
21-05-2019, 02:59 PM
9

Re: Stock taking!

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
When looking at 'special offers' I always check the pouch sizes, Dongles. Some makes are sneaky and reduce the weight to 80grms per pouch instead of the usual 100grms. They have to declare the weight somewhere on the box - but rely on people being so carried away by the reduction in price that they do not check.

Also some makes have started putting in more gravy/jelly than meat.

Whiskas seem OK at the moment. Those three boxes - each of 40 x 100grm pouches - cost me just 20.
I have definitely noticed more jelly and less meat in the Felix pouches.
Reply With Quote
Longdogs's Avatar
Longdogs
Chatterbox
Longdogs is offline
England
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 29,848
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
21-05-2019, 03:01 PM
10

Re: Stock taking!

When I think back to when my old Nan had her cat, she would feed her leftovers from dinner which normally included meat, veg and gravy all mashed up. My cats would never eat anything like that. Tirzah likes the odd cheese & onion crisp but that's about it.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.