Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Elsbells
Suffolk
Elsbells is female  Elsbells has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2009, 05:38 PM

Re: If You Could Retire Anywhere In Your Country, where would it be.

Cornwall for me...........if I could afford the prices
Wanda
High Peak, Derbyshire, UK
Wanda is female  Wanda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2009, 08:33 PM

Live in the hills of Derbyshire now, but my first twenty odd years were spent in East Anglia, round the Fens of Cambridgeshire. My son and his family live on the coast in Norfolk, so I guess I shall eventually make the move back to East Anglia, probably somewhere inbetween Cambridgeshire and Norfolk!

It's very pretty here in the Peak District, but I have to say that I love the open aspect and huge skies of the fenlands.
Calismum
Scotland
Calismum is female  Calismum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2009, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Moli ->
The West Coast of Scotland, Isle of Skye,Glencoe....Its beautiful up there.................
We drove through Glencoe at 6.30am last Friday en route to Fort William. It was fantastic. Silence, no traffic no hikers/walkers/tourists. Just us. We stopped the car, got out and just savoured the atmosphere - wow!!

I'd retire in this area or Argyll/Perthshire
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2009, 11:18 PM

My granny had a lovely cottage just outside Romsey, in Braishfield, and I have always said |I would love to buy it and retire there....its all modernised now, but is basically the same....
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2009, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Wanda ->
Live in the hills of Derbyshire now, but my first twenty odd years were spent in East Anglia, round the Fens of Cambridgeshire. My son and his family live on the coast in Norfolk, so I guess I shall eventually make the move back to East Anglia, probably somewhere inbetween Cambridgeshire and Norfolk!

It's very pretty here in the Peak District, but I have to say that I love the open aspect and huge skies of the fenlands.
Hi Wanda-my brother lives in Ashbourne, Derbyshire-I love visiting him-some lovely places to visit
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2009, 12:51 AM

Changed my mind, . . . somewhere tropical with girls in grass skirts and palm trees waving in a balmy breeze.
Wanda
Wanda is female  Wanda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2009, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Hi Wanda-my brother lives in Ashbourne, Derbyshire-I love visiting him-some lovely places to visit
Yes, it is lovely, but I have to say I do love the flat fens!
Wanda

11-11-2009, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
Changed my mind, . . . somewhere tropical with girls in grass skirts and palm trees waving in a balmy breeze.
Do you mean Blackpool.....or maybe Great Yarmouth?
poppypie chucker
New Member!
wakefield uk
poppypie chucker is female 

23-01-2010, 05:06 PM

i would live in my static caravan[ on the east coast ] tomorrow. given half a chance .[ escape the rat race thats my dream.] no morgage , not after listen to my boss , able to be able to walk on the beach everyday what bliss
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2010, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
of course it is, . . it's gods country.
Do you get midges there? I like the idea of Scotland....

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top