Join for free
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 09:12 AM

What Has Made You Smile Today?

Things that make us smile are wonderful - especially if it is over something unexpected.

So, what has made you smile today?
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

09-04-2013, 09:16 AM

Re: What Has Made You Smile Today?

Some of the posts on forums make me giggle, although usually it wouldn't have been the intention of the poster. I have just read on on here which made me 'larf' as it was so ironic!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
Some of the posts on forums make me giggle, although usually it wouldn't have been the intention of the poster. I have just read on on here which made me 'larf' as it was so ironic!
Why do I have a feeling of trepidation Willow
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 09:27 AM

Reading the 2nd post on here just now! LOL

Seriously, my Soochie gave PJ a row - told her to shut her mouth! Then tells me she has no water!!
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 09:57 AM

I have just been rung by the french cafe owner to say that my goat is in her cafe.... I know this is not correct as her English is bad , Im sure she means my goat is near her cafe, but Im not going to rush over there as its impossible to catch and just goes where it wants too. I'll just finish my coffee and walk down ...by which time I know it will be gone .Ah well ....yet another wild goat chase !!!!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

09-04-2013, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
I have just been rung by the french cafe owner to say that my goat is in her cafe.... I know this is not correct as her English is bad , Im sure she means my goat is near her cafe, but Im not going to rush over there as its impossible to catch and just goes where it wants too. I'll just finish my coffee and walk down ...by which time I know it will be gone .Ah well ....yet another wild goat chase !!!!
Now that has made me smile Baggy - the thought of the cafe owner tearing her hair out whilst you leisurely sip your coffee
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 10:50 AM

After reading the replies

I would say a good number of us still retain a sense of humour

Long may it last.

ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

09-04-2013, 10:52 AM

It is good to keep a sense of humour isn't it Michael - in the face of all adversity and all that. Talking of which, I could do with another smile so I'm off to view the latest meagre offering from my brand new adversary
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 10:53 AM

I have an older brother. Although we live quite close to one another our paths don't cross very often. YEsterday was an exception. Bro turned up in one of his vintage cars,
a MORRIS 10 & we were reminiscing about our childhood. I found this diary entry from way back and we both larfed & larfed

Me and my brother Tom.
Tom is three years older than me. It seemed much more when we were boys in the 1950s
Going bald earlier than me was thoughtful of him but he still looks younger.
We shared a bedroom as children.
1 had the window half of the room and he had the door half.
This was not a good arrangement. We didn't get on, with good reasons.
He would cross my side of the room and lean out the window without my permission and I had to cross his side of the room when I went to the bathroom at night
He liked the door open, the light off.
I wanted the light on, and the door closed.
The tapping of tiny mouse claws echoed around the room as they scuttled across the hard linoleum flooring .. Tom told me just recently that the noises came from his fingernails tapped on the cold lino floor. His cry of,
"1 just saw a tail disappearing !" was just a tale. He made it up. I knew that.
1 never went to the bathroom . 1 was fetching cheese to feed the mice.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 10:54 AM

What has made me smile today - well its early, I'm struggling with 'giddiness and nausea' so, the only smile today given for me, is Hubbs and Karen.....thanks gal x

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top