Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2013, 08:18 PM

did I mention it >

I went for a job interview Wednesday I even bought myself a new suite ....2 jobs were available I full time ....and 1 part time zero hour Job. I applied initially for the full time job but was asked and made aware of the second job and asked if i was interested in it...Of course I am as it will be a foot in the door especially now my Mortgage company is starting to sweat.. ..I wont know anything till probably next week now, but fingers crossed...
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2013, 08:42 PM

Re: did I mention it >

Good luck Steve.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2013, 09:06 PM

Good luck for the job.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2013, 10:15 PM

I hope this is the one for you Steve ..... good luck!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2013, 09:00 AM

Me too Steve - all the best ......
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2013, 12:39 PM

Good luck with the job hunt...

ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2013, 11:10 PM

Well I went to the interview on the Wednesday 22nd was told I would hear on the Tuesday 28th ...heard Nothing so phoned on the Friday 31st ...and I was told the interviews were still ongoing and would be contacted on Monday 3rd..today Saturday morning I get a letter...SORRY YOU HAVE NOT BEEN SUCCESSFUL ...if I cant get a part time zero hour delivery drivers job what chance have I got of getting anything...the government treat you like bleep..the DWP treat you like bleep and employers treat you like bleep....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2013, 09:03 AM

Really sorry to hear that Steve - you must be so fed up with it, just keep going to the job center - up to them to get you work !!
Hope you turn that corner soon .......x
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2013, 09:07 AM

So sorry to hear that, when my husband was out of work he got back into it by taking a PT cleaning job at the firm he wanted to work for, took about 6 months before he managed to persuade them to take him on in a better position and after another 2 months he was full time and loving the job.

Don't know if that could work for you ?
ukmartian
Ipswich uk

02-06-2013, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
R just keep going to the job center - up to them to get you work !!
Hope you turn that corner soon .......x
OHHH Pat ...No disrespect to you but the Job centre is the biggest waste of space out there they hinder people not help...all they are interested in is looking for ways to sanction people and degrade people....they break their own rules and regulations , they bully people , and they degrade people. I have many stories i could tell about what they have done to people I know..E.G. my daughters friend was sent to a agency by the JOB CENTRE which help peolpe get Jobs , they got him on a voluntary training course , when the Job Centre found out they stopped his money as they said he was not available for work ...he was 6 weeks with NO money ..he is behind with his rent , he had no electric etc ...IN my case in 2 years I have been offered 3 jobs 1 was 40 miles from home ..part time not practical or financially viable...another needed gas qualifications which i obviously dont have and the other and the 3rd was 32 hours a week building site labourer for NO money at all ..which i politely refused as slave labour ...
Everybody really hates the Job Centre and there is a petition out at the moment trying to persuade the government to stop the tactics they employ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top