Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Duckie
Australia
Duckie is male  Duckie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2013, 12:15 AM

Re: How would you describe your personality?

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
After all none of us are that interesting. And if you think you are then more than likely you are not but just egotistical.
Ouch!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2013, 12:21 AM

After all none of us are that interesting. And if you think you are then more than likely you are not but just egotistical.
Sorry, I didn't mean it to apply to you explicitly lol. Just a general observation. After all what is 'being interesting'? It implies you need another's opinion to become so. This really is the basis of being egotistical. Without other people are you still interesting? If you find yourself interesting then you are no doubt content with who you are. Probably a bit of Buddha in that lot .
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2013, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by astrolady ->
There's nothing "wimpish" about a man having a good cry....we are all human beings and all have the same needs... to be loved and respected.
Absolutely but who can admire a man that competes with his lady for who has the most feminine qualities?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2013, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Absolutely but who can admire a man that competes with his lady for who has the most feminine qualities?
Indeed. And if it is taken too far they might end up fighting over the clothes too .
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2013, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Indeed. And if it is taken too far they might end up fighting over the clothes too .
I didn't mind when 'metro-man' appeared on the scene but now, most of them seem that way.

I can be quite feminine (when it suits me) but my second husband ended up being more feminine than I was! Scared of noises in the dark (I had to go and investigate), wouldn't do DIY (I did it), wouldn't do gardening (I had to do it), wouldn't deal with confrontational incidents (I had to do it) so you end up looking at them and thinking: what's the point of having you around
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2013, 10:33 AM

I think we had a similar thread last year, not sure. I think it's impossible to describe yourself to others, they see you from their point of view and form their own opinions whether you like it or not, it's as simple as that. If you're happy within yourself, well that's all you want and need, if it bothers you how others see you then there's nothing you can do about it, except not give a damn like I do.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2013, 10:44 AM

How would you describe your personality?
I am not sure I have one anymore the original got so squashed and battered I think it has been reduced to a collection of of odd bits
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2013, 02:21 PM

There are many personality tests around, but for anyone who would like to do a fairly brief and simple test (just an exercise and not necessarily to be taken as an accurate assessment) - here you go:-

http://www.outofservice.com/bigfive/

I did the test and the results indicated:-

a) I enjoy having novel experiences and seeing things in new ways - percentile 80

b) Neither organised or disorganised - percentile 46

c) Tends to shy away from social situations - percentile 31

d) Finds it easy to criticise others - percentile 14

e) Not nervous or calm - percentile 55

I suppose I agree it is a reasonably accurate estimate, although I do tend to keep the criticism of others in my head - often think it but don't generally say it out loud - unless provoked.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2013, 07:45 PM

I'm just plain nuts!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2013, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
I'm just plain nuts!
Snap!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top